Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what really grinds your gears?
Everyone has them: those things that irritate you to high hell, just because they are annoying to you.

Yes, I'm talking about pet peeves.

One of my biggest pet peeves is this: When someone uses general words to describe something they want/need.

For example, if someone asks me to grab "that", points in a general direction, and "that" could be one of many things; IT'S ANNOYING! Say something like, "can you grab the sponge?" if you want a sponge; not just "Can you grab that?"

Its annoying when people use "this" or "that" to describe what they want/need from someone :O

So, anyone else like to share their pet peeves?

I have several, but the first one that comes to mind is when people refer to the United States as "America"...like America is not a big continent with some 35 states in it..

southbiochem Wrote:I have several, but the first one that comes to mind is when people refer to the United States as "America"...like America is not a big continent with some 35 states in it..

I totally agree, All of North and South America is "America"

It annoys me when people think "America" is just limited to the United States

Wade,

You butt munch Tongue

Sincerely,

Nerdy

Pet peeves huh, ah just this and that, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Well I like jokes that are so bad that they are good.
But I hate bad jokes.
Also I hate dead baby jokes cos there was this guy I knew who use to make lots of them. I threatened to kick him in the face.

Parents who have their kids tell other grown ups off, and then get POed when there kid gets told otherwise by the adults they were ordered to be rude to.

people in retail who are overtly-friendly yet automated and impersonal.
people who sling there rubbish on the ground.
people who are wearing headphones when passing a busker.
french people (except that guy with the funny french name on gs)
people who carry there doggy poo bags, swinging it from side to side like they deserve a medal for saving the enviroment.

A busker is a street performer...I think....

If my Brit slang doesn't fail me

Oh, that's another...performers who get on the public transport...I.....can't.......stand...them