Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will this fade away???
right now in my life, i have a hell of a lot of passion for it! im prepard for things to go tits up but i have goals and i desperately want to achieve them. i love a challenge and im not one to give in, but ive always been like this. but whats new is a real passion to DO life. to experience, to be happy, no matter what. like i think iv finaly sort of found a road i want to go down. what im wondering is do we all get this when wer young, its not gona fizzle out is it? im not just thinking, that would be lovely, i want to contribute to my life as much as possible - actions speak louder than words. but im just hoping to god i dnt forget my frame of mind and end up an old man having achieved sweet fa. lol

My drive and determination for those things didn't kick in until I was 25! So, I don't think its to do with age; more to do with when you find a direction.

Now, aged 30, I'm still just as determined to achieve the things in life i'm working for.

As a matter of interest, before I was 25 I was directionless and not too happy with life as a result.

Well I'm 41 and it ain't kicked in yet. And I don't mind being sort of rootless. With age comes acceptance of my inabilities. I reckon being ambitious is overrated anyhow.Cry

I'm not sure whether I'm missing out on some subtlety here, or whether you're really just making a topic about passion/determination for something in general, my guess is the latter Wink, so here goes:

Actively participating in a sports activity may help you feel drive and determination (regardless of whether you do it by yourself, with friends, or as part of a club).

I really enjoy all the time I spend mountain biking (cross-country). Confusedmile:

Other than that, I'm very determined to become a good doctor, so just through the every day problems, I find challenges: How to treat people as optimal as possible, it's a great challenge, and the results are often even greater, I absolutely love it.

I'm 29 and its only been in the last half a year or so that I have figured out what direction I want to go with my life, now I'm just waiting to get out of the Army so i can actually go that direction but that's a different issue. My point being that drive and determination are not a function of age but a function of finding out about yourself and who and what you want yourself to be. Kudos for finding yours so young.:biggrin:

Determination doesn't fade away but priorities change when through the years. The life experience you gain every day set things into a different perspective and sometimes make look at your goals with a different eye. The fear that it will fade away it relates to your young age and anxiety of what the future holds. If you work hard, plan your work and work your plan then you have nothing to worry about, luck becomes just a minor factor. Not be afraid of hard work and be proactive is very important.

wel im glad to hear it doesnt fade away. but we gota expect our opinions to change, because wer bound to experience stuff that forces us to rethink.has anybody here accomplished ther ultimate goal and are they happy?

I'm happy, but yet to achieve my ultimate goal which is to make a difference. It seems to me there's this fascination with the unreal and unreachable these days and people judge themselves based on those things. I don't want to be like everybody else and throughout my life I have never tried to be. Think outside the square, shake that tree and be provocative without offending anyone... that's my moto. Happy

thats a good motto :biggrin:

I have been very lucky. Even from a young age I found something to connect to and went full force. I never had a concept and tried to follow it thru. Easier to accept what is in front of you and build from that.

It lasted until I was 41 when I got ill and am now on disability. I still have goals to accomplish, the ones that appear before me, but cant due to my health...

So be real careful with your health because if you dont have it your life can come to a standstill.

take care,
frank