Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would you date an ex?
Would you? Why?
I personally think I couldn't ever date an ex but I don't have many of them.

Your turn

Joshular.

Yes, I would! We rushed into a relationship as bf's, had some fun, then had to take a step back. We parted as friends, and have both been so busy we haven't seen each other in weeks. One of these days soon we will catch a movie, go for a walk, or cook dinner together. (Maybe all three Smile )

Of course, we have seen each other naked, so that thrill is gone...

Nope. Already been there, done that.

In theory if one or both of us changed as people (after a long, long time) it's conceivable I would. But then it would be like dating a different person anyway.

Maybe matbe not.Depends on the circumstances and how good of a lover he was.If he was a good lover and I wasnt busy by all means yes.

Depends on why we separate in the first place. If it's due to geographical reason,then I guess I'll consider dating again. But if it's due to attitude or other issues,maybe not. I've never been in a relationship,so I'm just hypothetically speaking~

I might do, well I'd date the last one no problem since I am still in love with him and he left me just as we were getting on so well, bit of a waste I feel. As for the other two no, but the second one is still one of my best friends and I see him occasionally just to say hi and catch up, I wouldn't date him.

I've done it twice now. Could've gone better, could've gone worse Laugh

I dated my first boyfriend for a second time about... 2-3ish years after we first broke up, and it went a little better for a while, but then the old issues came back up and we broke up all over again. Then more recently, I went back out with another high school boyfriend for a little while... but in the end (after just a month or two) we ended up deciding to just be friends. Mainly because we had no sexual chemistry whatsoever, and less common interests than we used to - and I think at the time we were both starting to develop feelings for other people as well (me with my last boyfriend, him with his current) so it was probably for the best that we ended it while we were still friends. Well, best for him at least - his relationship's outlasted mine by a good while Laugh

I think it depends on why the person is an ex-, if there was a big fallout, or you didn't click for a lot of reasons, then those sort of things will probably come up again... but I think sometimes, given enough time, a relationship can work out better the second time around, once both individuals have matured a bit. And sometimes break-ups are only caused by outside influences, bad luck, or circumstance; in which case why not give it another go once those issues are no longer?

Well said, in my case I feel the guy just didn't try hard enough. We could've done really well together but some people just don't bother if you ask me so in the end its probably for the best as I don't want to date a commitment phobe. I am still disappointed with him though.

These things may work better second time round though, you never know. Sometimes a 'trial separation' helps a bit too.

Nope.

I have a personal rule about that, though. Once we break up once once, I never date them again. I've seen too many people run back to past lovers only to repeat the cycle over and over again. I'm not gonna play that game.

I've played that game more than once. :confused: I always end up disliking the guy.
The last 1 has been texting me since he left June1st. I've told him top stop multiple times.
Never again. The only guy I would have said yes to is happily married to someone else so even thinking about sex with him would be wrong.
Not even sure that love is in the cards anymore. Last time I tried he was a beater.