Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archie's Final Project
My thoughts and feelings are similar to East's. I lost 3 close friends in a very short period of time when I was a teenager. I never really forgave them for what they did. You may think that it is the easy way out, but what about what friends and especially family have to endure for the rest of their lives knowing that their loved one needed help and wonder WHY for the rest of their lives, WHY didn't he/she talk to me, I could have helped them.

But then on the other side of the coin, I have been in the position myself where I could have taken my life when I was a teenager, and I can tell you the thoughts that are in your mind leading upto suicide are NOT rational, they are selfish thoughts because for one, if people could see the emotional distress they leave their loved ones in by suicide, they wouldn't do it.

I wish there was a way to reach people with suicidal thoughts, and prevent them from taking their lives, especially when I see and hear of people like East. The greatest trauma is not what leads upto suicide, it the mess that suicide leaves in it's wake.

Life wasn't meant to be easy, it has it's challenges and solving/over coming those challenges is what shapes you as a person, and allows you to prepare for the next challenge. It's often a tough choice to stay on the right track now, but that hard road you travell right now is the road that makes the rest of your life easier.

As for the movie, I would feel extremely uncomfortable watching it knowing that their will be fragile minds watching the same movie. I would prefer to have a movie in documentary style that shows the pain of the ones left behind by suicide.

My thoughts are with you East, I hope you find peace.

Ryan, if you have those thoughts..TALK TO ME Wink

Messages In This Thread
Archie's Final Project - by SlipknotRlZZ - 08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Archie's Final Project - by East - 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Archie's Final Project - by SlipknotRlZZ - 08-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Archie's Final Project - by East - 08-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Archie's Final Project - by SlipknotRlZZ - 08-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Archie's Final Project - by East - 08-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Archie's Final Project - by dfiant - 08-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Archie's Final Project - by SlipknotRlZZ - 08-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Archie's Final Project - by azulai - 09-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Archie's Final Project - by East - 09-01-2011, 04:39 PM