Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexuality In America,” -- or-- How I found out I was “gay” at age 16, 1964.
Scientists search for the answers to a tough and puzzling question
WHY?
By Ernnest Haveman

That’s what the headline screamed in the second article, quickly followed up by what has to stand as one of the most provocative first paragraphs ever pinned:

Quote:Do the homosexuals, like the Communists, intend to bury us? Yes, indeed, suggested a startling front-page story in the New York Times and other newspapers last month. A committee of the highly respected New York Academy of Medicine had come to the conclusion that American homosexuals want far more than to be merely tolerated and ever more than to be ungrudgingly accepted. Their true goal, said an Academy report, is to convince the world that homosexuality is a “desirable, noble, preferable way of life” -- the secret of the greatness of ancient Greece, and in modern times a “perfect answer to the problem of the population explosion.”

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, sounded alright to me but the idea that “we” had an “agenda” was W A Y beyond my 16yo world view. WHO KNEW!!! :eek: I could almost hear all the old farts across the country, “Martha! Get my shotgun and lock the kids up in the attic! Those god damn homo fagots are coming to get us!!”

I think it is fascinating that this is the origin of the “gay agenda” scenario.

The author does a superficial bait and switch as he proceeds to drive nails into the brains of his hapless readers -- including my own . . .

Quote:The Academy report, and the newspaper stories it inspired, were just another example of the confusion and downright ignorance that surrounded the entire subject of the nature, cause and extent of homosexuality. The Academy committee was dead wrong. Only a tiny minority of U.S. homosexuals would ever beat the drums so sensationally for their way of life. Far more of them regard their homosexuality as an affliction. The lot of the homosexual, as the photographs and article on the preceding pages have shown, is often furtive, hazardous and lonely. Many homosexuals have gone to psychiatrists begging desperately for help in escaping from a life that they had decided was utterly intolerable. Most homosexuals, far from seeking recruits, actually refuse to have anything to do with a man who has never had previous homosexual experience.

So, we’re going to try and “take over the world” like the Communists after all but that is only because we all so f**ing miserable!

To be continued . . .

Messages In This Thread
Homosexuality In America,” -- or-- How I found out I was “gay” at age 16, 1964. - by MikeW - 08-28-2014, 07:31 AM