Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple boss Tim Cook: I’m proud to be gay
I was thinking today when I heard this how I have always said that being gay was a non issue...and it never really occurred to me that the environment I grew up in helped ALOT.

I remember Jobs from the restaurant I worked in ..the Apple HQ was a couple miles to the right...you could walk there easily... and Hewlett Packard was less than a mile the other way. Alot of the execs were regular customers...Jobs went to HS across the street which was the same HS as my boyfriend. We had a table where some of the morning business/news shows would interview some of these guys over breakfast...they were all pretty cool guys. I suspect it is easy to be gay and rise in these Silicon Valley companies...

What I realized...I never really experienced a lot of homophobia so my non issue approach was entirely possible. The tech crowd never had that homophobic vibe. I never really thought about until I read that today....

Messages In This Thread
Apple boss Tim Cook: I’m proud to be gay - by Bowyn Aerrow - 10-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Apple boss Tim Cook: I’m proud to be gay - by Rareboy - 10-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Apple boss Tim Cook: I’m proud to be gay - by MakeDigitalLove - 10-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Apple boss Tim Cook: I’m proud to be gay - by East - 10-31-2014, 06:28 AM