Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer Science vs Information Systems vs Certifications
I guess getting back on track. I'm thinking Computer Information Systems might be the path of least resistance since I would be able to do it all online. However, I am pretty much stuck with a student loan... I am also in considerable debt already so not sure if financially it would be wise to take on more debt.

I really REALLY need to move out and get my own place. It is very depressing where I'm at right now but I am but there not much I can do about it right now. Every dime I make pretty much goes to paying off debt and I can't save any money because of that. I don't know what to do to be honest. I don't know if there are any budget gurus here that might be of some help, obviously I don't want to post financial details publicly on the forum.

On a personal note, I've got to do something about my bouts of depression. Seems small things set it off. Like I have been struggling this weekend working my ham radio stuff. I was given a spool of LMR-400 coax which is some really tough, thick cable and I cannot for the life of me get connects put on and I get upset and all is downhill. It does seem that once winter starts to set in I get depressed more often, I wonder if it is seasonal affect disorder or something. Not saying I don't feel down at other times, but winter it is especially tough for me it seems... Maybe I need to move to Florida lol

Anyway, to be quite honest I am not sure what I really want to do. Teaching is nice but I did think of it as a way to be secure in a career and make a little more money and have a little more selection as to where I can work and so on. I am happy with what I do just wish I could stay a little more busy but not like how things were at my previous employer. Used to work as an IT manager for a hospitality company and it was hellish. No budget, everything breaking, everyone expecting you to be a magician and it was really bad for my health.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Computer Science vs Information Systems vs Certifications - by SilverBullet - 12-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Computer Science vs Information Systems vs Certifications - by JohnMusic - 12-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Computer Science vs Information Systems vs Certifications - by JohnMusic - 12-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Computer Science vs Information Systems vs Certifications - by InbetweenDreams - 12-04-2016, 05:33 PM