Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i come out to her?
Well my problem is quite simple. I've acknowledged i'm gay for the past 4 years and so far i've been doing a great job keeping myself in the closet. Lately, though, my identity issues are coming to the surface (spending more time with girls rather than with boys, 17 and still haven't had a girlfriend etc) let alone the depression; great depression that burdens me with sorrow day in-day out.

Nonetheless there's this friend of mine. She's hilarious, we have a great time together and the most significant of all, i know how open minded she is for her best friend is gay and she has absolutely no problem. But she has known him for ages while i met her a year ago and came really close to her during the last 3 or 4 months.

So, my question is: should i come out to her or not?

Pros: (a) she will definately accept me, i'm pretty sure; she seems like the 100% gay-friendly type of person, (b) although i know her for a short period of time i have this hunch that i could tell her anything; trust just comes so naturally, © if i don't discuss my problems with someone and if i don't find a friend with whom i won't have to wear the straight-mask, my depression will inevitably keep escalating.

Cons: (a) what if we ever have a fight and she reveals my secret for revenge? no one can guarantee that trust is to stay, (b) i don't want her to start treating me otherwise than usual if she finds out.

It is well known that trust is fragile and nobody is expected to keep to himself such top secrets for eternity. Supposing my sexuality was ever exposed by a friend of mine i would suicide, period! But can I live a life dreading to trust someone? It is essential at this time of my life to feel that i have alliances, i am not alone, but what if i make the biggest mistake of my life by telling her?

Your opinions are vital... please let me know what you would do in my case. Thanks for the understanding

Phillip

Messages In This Thread
Should i come out to her? - by Sunlight17 - 09-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Should i come out to her? - by ChadCoxRox - 09-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Should i come out to her? - by RockerBlocks - 09-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Should i come out to her? - by Blue - 09-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Should i come out to her? - by princealbertofb - 09-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Should i come out to her? - by dfiant - 09-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Should i come out to her? - by Rainbowmum - 09-15-2012, 03:14 AM
Should i come out to her? - by Sunlight17 - 09-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Should i come out to her? - by Blue - 09-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Should i come out to her? - by dfiant - 09-16-2012, 08:56 AM