Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't I get any dates?
Hi,

I've currently been in a very long drought of dating and sexual activity. My last real dating relationship was two years ago, which was very happy for me and lasted 5 months. After that I entered into mostly sexual relationship with another guy. This one was very intermittent for a year and eventually ended a few months ago when he went away to college. During this time I only went on a single real date with another guy (last Valentine's), it resulted in some cuddling but he didn't want to go on more dates. I think I didn't try to get more dates because my sexual urges were well satisfied (from the FWB), but even so I still had no luck when I tried to get dates.

So now I've graduated college and did not have a great end of the year. I've been living at home in my parents' basement (yup I know) simply because I'm dirt poor and cannot yet afford to live by myself. I'm also very bad at socialization and networking, so I do not even have friends to room with which would make living out in a city much more affordable. I only recently have begun my first paid job since last summer (a week ago). Things are even more depressing when almost all my friends / people that I know are all living by themselves well off in big cities like New York City and have well paying jobs ($60,000+), so it hurts my confidence a lot and also challenges my self perception.

But even when I lived at school and had my own room and was making a fair bit of money, I still couldn't get any dates. In fact I never actually dated anyone from my university in my four years. Isn't that incredible? I'd just get ignored or told that I was confused when I would ask. When I say dated I mean went on more than a single date that resulted in some kind of relationship (even friendship).

Now I am not gorgeous or an apollo but I do not think I am hideously ugly either and at least considered cute by some folk. My body is also decently toned as well. However I certainly never stand out physically (rather short) and am very socially awkward when in groups. But I am certainly not a terrible boyfriend or inexperienced in sex/love/relationships; when I was a freshman I was in a serious relationship for a year that only ended because my boyfriend basically moved out of the country and it became impossible to maintain. I also do pretty awesome things; for my last boyfriend (who lived far away during the breaks) I took a flight to his home and surprised him, staying with him for over a week. That was one of my best memories when answered the doorbell. I also once got a date when I handed a guy a piece of paper with my phone number (I introduced myself and stuff of course).

Now I know there are plenty of guys who are in a similar living situation as me but of course they still get dates, etc. though obviously it's not really ideal. Also, there are lots of guys I know whom I'd consider not very attractive yet are doing pretty well.

So what could I be doing wrong? Why isn't anyone interested in me or responding to my date requests / ignoring me? Is there additional information I can provide that could help in answering my problem so I can work on changing things so I can have an actual love life again?

Messages In This Thread
Why can't I get any dates? - by sethmachine - 09-16-2014, 05:18 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by East - 09-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Virge - 09-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Steve - 09-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 09-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Bluelight - 09-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Why can't I get any dates? - by LJay - 09-17-2014, 01:38 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Borg69 - 09-17-2014, 07:32 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Anonymous - 09-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by mackyboy - 09-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 09-18-2014, 09:44 AM