Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme Toothache =(
Okay, so here's the problem.

I've got a seriously badly damaged molar on bottom-right of mouth, i.e. so damaged that about a quarter of it's missing.

By the time the dentist actually got round to looking at it (after dealing with three other completely non-urgent teeth, including a scale and polish), about two appointments later, he cheerfully concluded that, and I quote, "Oh, there's not much we can do with that, it'll have to come out eventually I suppose."

Fucker.

But anyway, since then, it's been steadily increasing in pain, and there's no way I could have it removed under local anaesthetic (I've had panic attacks prior to just getting fillings done) so I'm waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting) to get an appointment at local hospital to get it done under general anaesthetic.

However.

It continues to hurt like hell, to the point where I woke up at half 6 this morning screaming (and scaring the hell out of my friend/on-off-boyf) and am taking a probably unhealthy combo of painkillers to try to keep it tolerable.

Anyway, other than ranting to get that off my chest, was wondering if anyone had any advice on either particularly good painkillers for dealing with toothache and/or other methods of treating it?

Other than yanking it out with pliers myself, as I briefly considered this morning in a moment of pain-crazed psychosis.

Cheers in advance.

Ky xxx

Messages In This Thread
Extreme Toothache =( - by Woolfe - 11-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Extreme Toothache =( - by CardShark - 11-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Extreme Toothache =( - by Woolfe - 11-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Extreme Toothache =( - by Phil - 11-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Extreme Toothache =( - by fjp999 - 11-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Extreme Toothache =( - by Phil - 11-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Extreme Toothache =( - by zeon - 11-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Extreme Toothache =( - by marshlander - 11-16-2008, 11:38 AM