Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do?
Okay...I have a situation. But first let me explain my past relationship of 4 years briefly: I fell in love with a closeted man, who was still having relations with women, and wasn't able to accept his orientation. When we got more serious, he told me he ultimately wanted to be married to a woman and have children with her. I found that out about the 3 year mark, and it went downhill after that. He wanted the now and I wanted the later, and it ended pretty bad.

So now...after spending 1.5 years of healing from that relationship, I meet this new guy. I really had no intention of finding a guy, but it sort of just happened. We connected instantly, starting hanging out a lot, and now we are at the point of feelings being developed. Here's the catch: I asked him right off the bat if he was in a relationship with a girl who always called him when we were together, and he said no. About 2 weeks later, he finally confessed that they were actually texting "I love you" to each other. I told him if he wanted anything with me, he had to end that. So he did. 2nd catch: he's in the closet. So now we are at the point of feelings, and I asked him yesterday if he would be open to something long term with a man. He said he didn't know, and that there is a lot of issues about that he is trying to deal with and would open up to me more about.

Anyway...seems like a no brainer right? Give up on this dude. But he's really amazing, and he balances me out, and I'm not just "madly" in love with him (that was my first ex). Would you continue to build feelings for this person knowing they are still battling their sexual orientation? All I want to do is care for him and help him in anyway possible, but I can't let my heart get wasted like it did before.

Thanks for reading. Smile

Messages In This Thread
What would you do? - by Sevendust324 - 10-20-2016, 06:00 PM
What would you do? - by TwisttheLeaf - 10-20-2016, 06:43 PM
What would you do? - by InbetweenDreams - 10-20-2016, 06:50 PM
What would you do? - by bryyzy - 10-20-2016, 07:02 PM
What would you do? - by Gemini - 10-20-2016, 07:38 PM
What would you do? - by Darius - 10-20-2016, 10:05 PM
What would you do? - by Gemini - 10-21-2016, 01:14 AM
What would you do? - by Camfer - 10-21-2016, 02:02 AM
What would you do? - by East - 10-21-2016, 02:25 AM
What would you do? - by Gemini - 10-21-2016, 01:19 PM