Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I came on too strong, what next?
Hi Smile basically I was texting a guy for a few weeks and we arranged to meet. The first date went really well and we hit it off and the next day we met again. We then arranged to meet a couple of days later. Now the following day I asked him if he wanted to go to the cinema when we met and he didn't reply. I texted a couple more times and then rang about an hour before we'd said we would meet and heard nothing.
That night he finally got back to me and said he was very sorry etc, he then said that he was beginning to feel unsure about getting back into a relationship and maybe in a few weeks he'd feel differently. At this point I got a bit gushy and said that I understood but I also really liked him and that he made me happy and I'd basically got my hopes up etc. What's also confusing is that the two dates we went it he seemed really happy and said he felt tingly when we kissed and all that cheesy stuff!

About a week has passed and now I'm really resisting the urge to text him and say sorry for coming on too strong, when I was with him I keep trying to arrange to meet again and then when he said about feeling unsure I got so gushy! In hindsight these were really bad things to do to a guy who was unsure in the first place! Do you think I have anything to loose by texting him now saying this? Or else I'm thinking of waiting a couple of weeks to give him space and then contact him.
Any advice would be really appreciated! I'm new to this!

This was the first time I'd ever been on a date with a guy I really fancied and I think i messed it up, I really want to fix it!!

Messages In This Thread
Think I came on too strong, what next? - by Grobo - 11-02-2016, 12:11 AM
Think I came on too strong, what next? - by SilverBullet - 11-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Think I came on too strong, what next? - by TwisttheLeaf - 11-02-2016, 03:02 AM
Think I came on too strong, what next? - by Grobo - 11-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Think I came on too strong, what next? - by Grobo - 11-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Think I came on too strong, what next? - by Grobo - 11-02-2016, 04:48 PM