Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An interesting thought about gaming now and then
I was thinking to myself that these days children now have an XBox 360 and/or some other console(s). I was a gamer since the days Atari was around. I remember the first console I ever had was an Atari 7800, I had one circa 1987. I had it when the NES was around, but I didn't get a NES until 1988 or 1989. My cousins had a NES. They replaced their Atari 2600 and/or 5200 with a NES circa 1985. Well, that's not the point. I'll write a history of myself as gamer another time.

Anyhow, it's amazing that the games back then were all new and exciting. These days games have superior graphics and sound quality compared to the games back then. I was playing a NES game not too long ago and that's when I thought about it. I felt that kids back then were the lucky ones. Yes, the games were not that impressive back then... but to us, the games were and then they really got boring quick. That's when we also had opportunities to go outside and play more often than the kids of today. We were physically and mentally in shape those days. Of course, there's plenty of kids who did get some fresh air and stuff... but unfortunately there's not enough. That's why (in America, not sure about it outside of America) there's a lot of childhood obesity. They're just sitting and laying around their houses playing Little Big Planet for the PS3 or Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii.

It's the kids of today that are unlucky. I feel very sorry for these kids. I'm sure as I was writing this thread and by the time you read it, there's some unfortunate kid playing XBox Live and they've been playing for hours. This child most likely does not get enough exercise and doesn't really interact with their peers that much due to be addicted to Halo Reach or whatever they play these days. It's really and truly sad. But what can you do, it's how the world is these days.

Oh another thing I didn't mention, you gotta realize how accessible video games are nowadays. They're much more accessible now. Plus they're not as expensive either. There's a whole bunch of others that I didn't get up to, but I'm sure someone else will discuss those things I forgot.

What are your thoughts about video gaming in the 21st century and the 20th century?

Messages In This Thread
An interesting thought about gaming now and then - by Ultra - 10-10-2010, 10:34 PM
An interesting thought about gaming now and then - by marshlander - 10-10-2010, 11:29 PM
An interesting thought about gaming now and then - by MegaFullbuster - 10-11-2010, 12:12 AM
An interesting thought about gaming now and then - by TimmyThink - 10-11-2010, 01:20 AM
An interesting thought about gaming now and then - by TuxSky - 10-11-2010, 01:29 AM
An interesting thought about gaming now and then - by Sil - 10-11-2010, 02:05 PM