Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balance of Probabilities
Okay, I'm intending for this thread to be used as a helpful example for those of you that have not yet come out as to what it was like for those of us that have come out when we chose to do so.

It is my hope that you will be encouraged by the stories people share on this thread, and that, whilst I do not intend for it to artificially accelerate the process of your coming out, as there are a large number of considerations you really ought to give thought to before coming out, I would like for you to find it heart-warming.

Therefore I've called it "balance of probabilities" as, in my experience, many more people have positive coming outs than negative ones ...

I started coming out when I was 21. I'd known I was gay since I was 6, but having grown up in an entirely straight world (or so it seemed), I had gotten used to my mates chucking the gay word around as a negative for WELL over a decade before deciding to come clean, and come out.

When they found out (although nobody at all was shocked, although most people didn't seem to have considered it - they just thought I was shy and reserved and a bit of a geek really I guess), every single one of them was nothing but loving, supportive, and cool about the whole thing.

It was the biggest anti-climax of my entire life, and I can only hope that you find it to be as big a relief, and as deflating an experience as I did, as I think that's the way it probably ought to be. After all, "so what" is how people SHOULD respond, non ??

My mates have questions about it (some of them are REALLY amazing and too precious to repeat), but yep, NONE of them have a problem with it. In fact it's changed their views on homosexuality CONSIDERABLY ... try cracking an anti-gay joke in front of one of them now and they'll bite your head off, and I'm not a politically-minded individual, so I take that as high praise indeed bless 'em.

Anybody else want to contribute to my thread hiar ??

Never forget that you're not alone by the way - regardless of whether we're out or not, at some point we were all closeted ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

xXxXx

Messages In This Thread
Balance of Probabilities - by Shadow - 10-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Balance of Probabilities - by swim73088 - 10-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Balance of Probabilities - by GayComputerDude - 10-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Balance of Probabilities - by portugal_the_man - 10-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Balance of Probabilities - by Shadow - 10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Balance of Probabilities - by Michael - 10-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Balance of Probabilities - by drocko17 - 10-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Balance of Probabilities - by Shadow - 10-25-2007, 11:43 AM