Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
WesHollywood Wrote:Do you think those of us who fight for GLBT rights are having fun? No, we are scared. We understand the personal price we can pay for our action while "do nothings" like yourself sit on the side lines and pontificate. Yet you get to enjoy the benefits of our efforts.

There is no way I am not going to support you when you have the guts to say this Wes...I might not say it but if I am being honest I think it and agree with you. I was going to say what I am about to say when I read this thread last and I thought...nah...let it go...but you inspired me so here it goes...

I forget who brought it up in this thread about the "real way" change has been made and it wasn't through anger and even though I was there and I have fought for my principles my whole life and been very active...I almost believed it myself because it sounded so nice...and then I remembered the truth and that may be one persons idea of the truth and many people's actual experience of the truth but I can tell you personally there is another group of people who have fought and another version of the past.......

I had three separate battles with the police and I was "in their face" and quite aggressive....I am not easily intimidated....I could elaborate but in the end the Police Officers (the whole department) got sensitivity training in dealing with the GLBT people of which we all benefit...and there was alot of anger from me personally and at the time there were only a few of us who fought back while the ones who did nothing had alot of criticisms and tsk tsk's. The Police routinely targeted and attacked us and we fought back...none of this turn the other cheek...change will come crap. I felt then as I feel now that if you are a public servant and you are being paid with my tax dollars you will not harass me or disrespect me...and I made sure it was a policy...personally...I know this for a fact because I was there personally with ALL of my anger.

I am thinking maybe the people who want acceptance are the ones who think keeping quiet is the best approach. I have never wanted acceptance...I simply do not care and honestly I do not ask for something I am not sure I can give. There is alot of heterosexual behavior I despise and do NOT accept on any level. I want equality under the law for myself and for everyone who comes behind me...and sometimes you do have to fight.

What you said above Wes sums up how I feel as well and I thank you for saying it.

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by East - 12-05-2011, 05:50 AM