Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rejected
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Back when I was 17 we walked 20 miles up hill both ways to school - and we were deprived of facebook, instant messaging and other text versions of communication. If you wanted to use text you used a pen, paper and a stamp and it took days to get a reply.

We were all sort of up in your face when it came to communication. Can you believe it, we went to see people and talked to them, then did sneaky things like watch their facial expressions and the smarter one of my era would read your body language and tone of voice to get a handle on what you were really thinking.

My point. You only got a few words that could mean anything.

You kids now days use texting as if its the only form of communication out there, and many of you are using it for the really important stuff then wondering why your relationships are going to hell in a hand basket.

Humans evolved to communicate with more than symbols on a screen. Tone of Voice, facial expressions, body language convey volumes of information that are really needed when dealing with matters of the heart.

I bet he blushed (most likely turned beet red) and maybe even broke out in a sweat. You missed out on these obvious signs of embarrassment, thus are reading his words to mean lack of interest when his words were a way to wiggle out of this obtuse conversation/confrontation.

This is the sort of conversation that must be done one on one, face to face to where you both can see each others faces, read the volumes of unspoken dialog that humans use in real communication.

Frankly, confronting another male in this world with the idea that you are gay and interested usually throws up a defensive block of denial, even the 100% way out of the closet guys who have been around for years and knows when a guy is trying to pick up on them will have that momentary doubt way back in the mind. That doubt is 'is this guy really gay and interested, or is he setting me up to take me on a fishing trip where I get dragged behind is truck a few miles, beaten then hung on a fence to die.

The truth is that we homosexuals evolved in a society where it was ok to play bash the gay and use all manner of tricks to get a gay guy to confess his homosexuality so the gang of thugs can take him out and teach him that gay is wrong.

Since your in school I bet you are drowning in a sea of gay-hatred and are not even aware of it. Every single time someone says 'That _____________ is gay' as in gay = negative, you are being bashed and it is telling you you are in danger He is being exposed to that and he may be interested in you, but may also be worried that you are really setting him up for a good school-yard bashing.

Using 'a friend' and Facebook to convey real interest is just an all around bad idea. You need to convince this guy you are sincere and honestly not out to hurt him. You ain't going to do that by having your hag size him up for you. You ain't going to do that with a 's'up' via Facebook. You are only going to do that by presenting your eyes and your face and your body for his inspection, allowing him to read what you are really saying.

I'm homeschooled.

Messages In This Thread
Rejected - by JisthenewK - 08-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Rejected - by azulai - 08-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Rejected - by ChadCoxRox - 08-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Rejected - by Bowyn Aerrow - 08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Rejected - by nikgee - 08-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Rejected - by JisthenewK - 08-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Rejected - by BigCub - 08-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Rejected - by JisthenewK - 08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Rejected - by sc4456 - 08-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Rejected - by JisthenewK - 08-18-2012, 11:00 PM