Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openly gay soldiers still serving in US military
Hm... I'm still confused as to WHY people would be banned from the military because of their sexuality. It seems just so stupid for someone to say "Oh you're gay? You can't help defend your country."

There seems to be a lot going around that makes this an awkward time... discrimination and hatred are fueled by the news telling tales of this gay pedophile raping these children, or that man molested his partner on the workeforce and later raped him. It's really starting to get ridiculous! It's like the media wants the populace to be discriminatory towards the gay populace!

Does being gay make you any less human? Does being gay prohibit one's efficiency in combat situations? I think not! This is getting freaking ridiculous, this need for one man to feel superior to all others because of something that he is and they aren't. I hear new types of prejudice against groups of people, and it all translates to me into "I'm better because... [add random, stupid reason here]"

I mean for chrissake. Millions of people now see that the white-supremacy movement did a whole lot of bad in the world, so why are we basically repeating it under different circumstances? The names may change, the sides might get jumbled, but it seems that's all it ever boils down to!

I'm happy to hear about the military not kicking folks because they're openly gay, this just goes to show that the simply stupid prejudices of yesterday are dissolving into a world where people can be who they are without someone pointing a finger and saying it's wrong because of a, b, and c! Next step should be getting rid of this useless bill that says open homosexuals can't get into the military. If the law isn't (and in this case, shouldn't be in the first place) being enforced, why have it? For face value?

Anyways, I'll wrap up this little rant by saying: Good job America. We're one step closer to having what Abraham Lincoln wrote 232 (?) years ago.

"All men created equal."

Messages In This Thread
Openly gay soldiers still serving in US military - by Sui - 01-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Openly gay soldiers still serving in US military - by swim73088 - 01-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Openly gay soldiers still serving in US military - by GayComputerDude - 01-11-2008, 11:39 PM