Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A voting reform I'd like to see
Yes, yes, by all means bring back the Literacy Tests.

You do know your history yes? While in theory the literacy test was supposed to see if a person (black person, a darky, a negroe, a colored - There are more names I blush to think of them) could read and write in English, in practice the test was in Chinese....:o

I find the idea of ID registration/voting to be a sneaky way to steal the vote from people. It does tend to target the poor and those who don't drive. Seriously the majority of people who don't drive live in the inner city and are.... Dare I say this - Black....

As for Third Party - I've been third party since that terrible teenage crushes I had with the Republican Party And the Rebound relationship I had with Democrats.

Back when I thought I was a Man of the Church and doing the Churches Good work I felt that conservative 'Traditional' Values was all that and a bag of chips.

Then A few years in to seminary and other higher education classes I got me some learning and discovered that Republicans are not really all that, and those 'traditional values' actually suck - big time.

So I went into the typical rebound relationship, running to the arms of the Democratic Party... Foolish? yes. But I quickly learned that being open minded to the point your brain falls out is as bad (and in some cases worse) than being a 'conservative'.

Back then I bought into the whole idea of Black and White and Left and Right and Liberal and Conservative. Imagine my surprise and amazement when I discovered there are things like Grey, Center, and Moderate! :o Xyxthumbs

I initially got into the Green Party (It sounded like a nice color)... But have moved on. Flirted with Libertarian for a while now I'm pretty much ranked as 'undecided' as I apply to no specific party.

Actually I view myself as a member of the The Yahtzee Party. We don't actually think about the vote, instead we do complex dice throwing and counting until someone wins... It is more effective then actually trying to choose one devil over the other. Yes you still get devils, but you don't have to take responsibility over the devil who gets in. :biggrin: :tongue:

I voted Obama Last year. I almost Voted McCain. McCain did have a few strong points - then he joined forced with that empty headed Palin. The Idea of "President Palin" Scared the crap out of me...

It is not easy being third party or 'non-partisan'. you are forced to vote Republican or Democrat - seriously if you throw your vote the way you really want to then you might as well not bother to take the time to go to the polling booth.

I fear here in America the majority are sheeple (Yes used that word) and are so programmed into a two party system that presented with a third party or an alternative to the two party system they would still pick Republican or Democrat.

Programmed - propagandized, lead to believe that there is only two sides.

Truth is, there isn't even two sides - its all the same thing under different names...

Messages In This Thread
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Pix - 09-03-2012, 05:16 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Blue - 09-03-2012, 05:53 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Pix - 09-03-2012, 06:48 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Blue - 09-03-2012, 07:11 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Bowyn Aerrow - 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by ceez - 09-03-2012, 10:20 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Pix - 09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Pix - 09-03-2012, 10:29 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Blue - 09-03-2012, 11:52 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by East - 09-04-2012, 12:07 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Lunar - 09-04-2012, 02:19 AM