Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A voting reform I'd like to see
Pix Wrote:I wasn't talking about literacy tests, but about about proving you at least read the voter information guide.

And AS I MENTIONED care would have to be taken (with a suggestion) to be sure it wasn't abused because the unscrupulous would attempt to use it to disenfranchise those not of their "political tribe."

What's really sad is when (for example) voters think they're voting to protect the environment but instead are giving the corporations free license to destroy it because they didn't bother to examine that carefully spun measure to make it seem it was the opposite it was. I've seen things like that happen because people don't bother to check them out and I know it has a long tradition as documented in books like The New Doublespeak and that's why I wish voters had to prove they at least read the guide which would get rid of a lot of the stupid vote that allows villains to get away with crap like that.

I see, you grew up and lived all your life in an Ivory Tower :tongue::biggrin:Wink

In truth while this law to protect people from ignorance (self imposed ignorance and otherwise) is meant with good intentions, I fear that many have ill intentions and would twist and use that very law to do all manner of evil.

Yes care would have to be taken, but it boils down to who who guards the guardians?

People choose to be stupid for 'good reasons' - I dare say most would open up their eyes to the real world and then immediately have a severe and permanent mental break-up. Most people live in their illusory world because they are unable (not unwilling - they can't) face 'reality' or the real problems.

Humans like to be deceived, thus they still live in trailers in tornado alley, build beach front property where hurricanes happen, build homes on the sides of hills that are prone to slide in a little rain, and build whole cities in the shadow of active volcanoes with a history of burying cities.

The majority want to believe that what they hear is all they need to hear.

This means few are going to base their vote on more than the TV Advertisements that are taking out by the opposition. It means that when the polls open they will madly punch away at the card not reading the full content.

Fortunately, the majority of people don't vote. Even the majority of registered voters don't bother to go to their polling place.

Yet - a majority of Americas rush to the phones to Vote for American Idol....

This isn't mere ignorance, this is self imposed ignorance - or stupidity if you wish.

Messages In This Thread
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Pix - 09-03-2012, 05:16 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Blue - 09-03-2012, 05:53 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Pix - 09-03-2012, 06:48 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Blue - 09-03-2012, 07:11 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Bowyn Aerrow - 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by ceez - 09-03-2012, 10:20 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Pix - 09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Pix - 09-03-2012, 10:29 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Blue - 09-03-2012, 11:52 PM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by East - 09-04-2012, 12:07 AM
A voting reform I'd like to see - by Lunar - 09-04-2012, 02:19 AM