Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.I.P. Chris Stevens
It's sad, and how many Muslims actually feel righteous for murder (one reason I prefer selfish sociopaths who only do evil when it helps, as oppose to hinder, reach their goals to the self-righteous zealots who do evil because their conscience compels them to and even makes them feel guilty for NOT being evil) is very disturbing. It's like they're still in the medieval period. Not all, of course, but enough that their societies tend to be extremely brutal and things like this just aren't surprising.

One of my favorite movies (and the graphic novel is even better) is Persepolis and it's actually made me very sympathetic to people who flee Islamic governments (such as immigrating to Sweden or the United States). I don't care if they're Muslim themselves as long as they're not barbaric. (I consider both Christianity and Islam to be extremely barbaric religions with a history that would horrify anyone not raised to overlook such evil, but plenty of people who claim either of those as their religion are good people, where we differ is they think they're good because of their religion while I think they're good IN SPITE OF their religion.) Btw, that movie, despite winning awards, was not allowed to play in most Muslim countries (supposedly because it showed how a girl imagined Allah but I think because how it showed the practice of Islam in a place like Iran), and Iran even got it banned from showing in Thailand through diplomatic pressures, and the few Muslim countries that did play it often faced violence themselves (like when a TV station that aired it was nearly burnt down by Muslim fanatics that was only saved by a massive police intervention).

I do recall one Muslim on YT who decried an atheist who made a video critical of the Danish cartoon riots (had to love the sign a Muslim carried that said something like, "Behead those who say Islam is violent") and she was insulted (and she, an Asian American, endured racial taunts as well) and most of all, threatened (eventually complaints got the vid deleted by YT even though there was no profanity or sweeping generalizations, instead she rationally and calmly focused on those rioting, murdering, and burning embassies over a mere cartoon, not every Muslim and why it was barbaric and unacceptable, and I think her being calm & reasonable made it all that worse for many of the offended Muslims). One (and visiting his channel I know he was for real, not a troll pretending to be a Muslim) made several diatribes on how peaceful Islam was but one post went something like, "I'm going to rape you and slit your throat," to which I sardonically replied, "Truly Islam is the religion of peace." His sarcasm detector was working because he almost immediately sent me a PM...let me see if I can find it...note this is as he sent it to me, misspellings and all:

Quote:dead bitch
"your a dirty white whore. u fuken trailer trash... death to the crusaders and christians.."

The funny part to me is I read that and my very first semi-outraged thought was, "Did he just call me a CHRISTIAN?" :redface: Roflmao

Messages In This Thread
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by ceez - 09-13-2012, 05:13 AM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by Puck - 09-13-2012, 05:31 AM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by Pix - 09-13-2012, 06:08 AM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by Rainbowmum - 09-13-2012, 06:27 AM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by TryingNewThing - 09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by zeon - 09-14-2012, 02:08 PM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by watkins - 09-14-2012, 02:26 PM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by Puck - 09-14-2012, 02:31 PM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by Person66 - 09-14-2012, 08:39 PM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by princealbertofb - 09-14-2012, 08:49 PM
R.I.P. Chris Stevens - by fenris - 09-14-2012, 09:30 PM