Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lives of Quiet Desperation
Here in lies your problem.

Humans are not basically good. Humans are basically selfish, with low self esteem. Its not all their fault, our society is a sick one that places way too much importance on a person's 'worth' through things like how many HDTV's they own, if they have the latest 10g phone (or whatever number its on). It also places importance on what we do for a living.

"Your a construction worker?" People have laughed in my face, as if doing manual labor is a bad thing. Really, its not, its a good solid work, I end my day with a real sense of accomplishment, all I have to do is look over my shoulder and I can say 'I built that.' (Sorry Mr Obama, I did build that particular thing).

So why are they putting me down? Because it makes the feel better.

As for doing charity - I have done my fair share (well a tad more, but I'm not keeping score and don't want to sound like I'm bragging). Like you I did it because I felt it needed to be done.

It really rankles a lot of people to see a do-gooder doing good, why? Because they know that they have failed their fellow creatures or human beings and they hate to be reminded of those failures.

Why do they smirk and make fun of you desire to learn new things? Probably because the only new things they have learned is what is Paris Hilton Wearing and who she is doing this week.

It is, by and large, a form of jealousy that these other people suffer from.

You need to figure out what makes you happy and do it, regardless what people say. People are mostly idiots and will say anything that makes them feel good about their lesser selves, especially when they are in front of an intelligent, smarter than the average bear saint such as yourself.

As for the people who you have helped that have turned around and bit you. THAT IS ON THEM.

YOU did the right thing, they are doing the wrong thing.

As for what you have accomplished in life.

Each time you have eased a pain, caused a minor smile, and done anything that is remotely unselfish, you can caused a Choir of Angels to sing somewhere above your head.

Trust me, about 95% of the human population don't even try. And because they don't try they hate anyone who does try.

Don't stop being a decent person. Continue to better yourself, to break out of the basic programming.

Messages In This Thread
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Anonymous - 09-21-2012, 04:32 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by East - 09-21-2012, 04:43 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by LateBloomer - 09-21-2012, 04:59 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Bowyn Aerrow - 09-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Blue - 09-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by GossamerMoon - 09-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Pix - 09-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by bryandurel - 09-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Rainbowmum - 09-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by GossamerMoon - 09-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by LateBloomer - 09-21-2012, 10:36 PM