Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lives of Quiet Desperation
Bighug

Those people are not worthy of your time, attention, or love. It's easy to tell you not to let people have that kind of power over you, but in reality, it's not so easy, is it?

The people who treat you that was are toxic, soul poison. They may be family or friends, but in reality, they are not good for you. I had to get away from toxic people in my life before I could start appreciating who I am.

Do you mind sharing what kind of "intervention" this was? This may help in knowing what to say. There are different kinds of intervention--my mom tried to sic the church deacon on my at my grandmother's wake for a religious intervention. I suspect this is the kind of "intervention", although not necessarily religious, that they tried?

In case you are the person I was PMing with a week or so ago, I want you to know that yes, you are a wonderful, sweet, beautiful person. I'm almost sure this is you, and you can message me again if it is you. If this is not that person, you still sound like this. And yes, you are worthy of love.

Whoever you are, if you feel the need to be telling people you need help dealing with this, please, go to a professional. If you feeling you're going to hurt yourself, call 911 or go to an ER right now, or call a suicide hotline if you don't feel you can do that. If you are in danger of hurting yourself, it IS an emergency, and you need to be among people who will understand it. It is not up to anyone else to determine the validity of your feelings.

Only you can know if you're serious or not about hurting yourself. I take you seriously, as does most everyone else here. You are not alone. You need to be away from those hurtful people who are abusing you with words. Yes. It is psychological and emotional abuse, and it is just as wrong as physical abuse. You can go to a shelter if your situation warrants it.

Keep looking for help until you find it. You won't always hear what you want, but you will hear what you need, and it sounds to me like the first thing you need to hear is validation. YOU ARE WORTHY OF LOVE.

Hang in there. Bighug

Messages In This Thread
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Anonymous - 09-21-2012, 04:32 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by East - 09-21-2012, 04:43 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by LateBloomer - 09-21-2012, 04:59 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Bowyn Aerrow - 09-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Blue - 09-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by GossamerMoon - 09-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Pix - 09-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by bryandurel - 09-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by Rainbowmum - 09-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Lives of Quiet Desperation - by GossamerMoon - 09-21-2012, 10:16 PM