Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I miss the point of terrorism?
The Taliban is not just a terrorist organization, it is also political and works every way it can to get and hold that political power.

As such they are not going to use 'just terror' to get where they want to be.

Lets take a page from History. The Catholic Church relied on several tactics, including the inquisition (terrorist activity - using fear to manipulate people), but on the flip side also did 'nice' things to win over some people.

The Nazis did it as well - there is always two sides to the coin. While the Church wrote history thus downplayed its terrorism and history was Written by others when it came to the Nazis thus up-played the terrorism side of things - both used all forms of activities to win hearts through fear and through popularity.

Currently the media and Government(s) are painting the Taliban as a 'terrorist' (only) organization, they dislike focusing on anything 'good' or remotely popular the Taliban might do.

Good luck finding a list of good. Its not because the Taliban hasn't done any good, its because politics and media are painting a picture of pure evil of this organization.

http://www.crethiplethi.com/what-about-t...iban/2009/ might enlighten a little some of the good.

It is a political force and it will use any and all tools in an arsenal to 'win' followers. Yes it is as much a popularity contest as it is one of spreading fear.

Messages In This Thread
Did I miss the point of terrorism? - by Pix - 10-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Did I miss the point of terrorism? - by Miles - 10-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Did I miss the point of terrorism? - by Marc - 10-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Did I miss the point of terrorism? - by ceez - 10-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Did I miss the point of terrorism? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 10-21-2012, 08:11 PM