Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You all may not like Me, & that's okay!
Hi Mrs Legit...Welcome to Gay Speak... welcoming and open to 'straight' individuals as well. If you've questions, we've answers. I apologize that you're saddened with gay black men, though I challenge the notion that they are confused.

I think you might be here to ask questions and to obtain some answers. I will try to give some basic information to hopefully answer some questions you may want to ask, or simply for curiosity reasons.

You must understand that homosexuality is not a life style... things like spiking my hair, wearing glasses versus contacts, wearing athletic versus nerdy shirts are style things. For a true homosexual, no amount of praying, wishing, or therapy (including severe therapies such as electroshock treatment --- I'm not just talking about the wishy washy) can change us into straight people, which suggests that homosexuality is a biological reality. Indeed, gay men have physical differences, such as a differently shaped brain; specifically the anterior hypothalamus, decreased average muscle mass, differences in the way homosexual brains respond to pheromones, smaller limbs, index and ring fingers of the same length and increased prevalence of counter clockwise hair whorl (linked with left handedness), increased left handedness, etc. -- homosexuality is not something that is simply a part of the mind or spirit...but very biological and tangible. I once had a girl identify me as gay based on my finger lengths and my crown of hair --- which was unsettling at the time. ***

Despite the biological differences between gays and straights, many stories in the media and from different sources have conflicting and confusing information.

You may have heard stories of gays that changed their sexuality. I will briefly provide context.

Heterosexual --- Opposite gender ONLY
Homosexual --- Same gender ONLY
Bisexual --- BOTH GENDERS (may pick one of the other, and identify as straight or gay which is totally okay).

'Success' stories where homosexuals convert to heterosexuals are often actually bisexuals simply choosing the other gender, or gay men choosing abstinence. And a gay man that doesn't have sex is still gay, in the same way that a priest who chooses celibacy still feels attraction to women and has some of his personality influenced by that.

There are also many different kinds of homosexuals. A lot of people have as all grouped into highly negative qualities (and that's partly the homosexual community's fault, so I am not accusing). You may imagine that most gay men wear rainbows and leather and participate in pride parades and maurade around scaring children, that we all have aids, boycott EVERYTHING, that we all have multiple partners and are essentially all sluts. I will answer this completely honestly and say that this is true of some people. But equally true is that many of us are your doctors and chefs, many of us have families and would do everything including die for them, a lot of us fall in love and live quiet ordinary lives, and for these homosexuals, you would likely never know we exist...

If you stay with this site, you'll learn that I tend to be long winded, and sometimes accidentally obnoxious like Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, but only because I try to respond fully. Despite this, I hope we can learn a lot from each other...

This is an excellent article on the topic of homosexuality and biology. If you are naturally suspicious of Wikipedia, I definitely recommend opening the references and learning some new things and verifying the information for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and...pothalamus

Messages In This Thread
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by MrsLegit816 - 01-28-2014, 07:19 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by MisterTinkles - 01-28-2014, 11:55 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Rainbowmum - 01-28-2014, 11:59 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by MisterTinkles - 01-29-2014, 12:01 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Tyrion - 01-29-2014, 12:02 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by elad12 - 01-29-2014, 12:13 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Sylph - 01-29-2014, 12:47 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by southbiochem - 01-29-2014, 12:56 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by partis - 01-29-2014, 02:38 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Woollyhats - 01-29-2014, 04:39 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Versace - 01-29-2014, 04:41 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Sylph - 01-29-2014, 04:43 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Pix - 01-29-2014, 05:25 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by TonyAndonuts - 01-29-2014, 08:53 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by East - 01-29-2014, 11:18 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by dfiant1 - 01-29-2014, 11:30 AM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Lilitu - 01-29-2014, 12:04 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Dreamer - 01-29-2014, 12:20 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by EvenOlderButWiser - 01-29-2014, 12:48 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by partis - 01-29-2014, 01:38 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by MikeIsNotPG - 01-29-2014, 02:46 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by southbiochem - 01-29-2014, 04:48 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Bowyn Aerrow - 01-29-2014, 05:49 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Justinintendo - 01-29-2014, 06:47 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Ekwarph - 01-29-2014, 06:53 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by SilverBullet - 01-29-2014, 07:09 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by warrentjr - 04-22-2014, 07:39 PM
You all may not like Me, & that's okay! - by Cuddly - 04-22-2014, 08:07 PM