Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not allowed to be myself.
Well its seems to me your options here are clear cut.

1. Marry a nice lady and have lots of children and find discrete men to scratch that itch through the coming decades, stay in Kuwait and be that family man you are supposed to be.

2. Move (to another nation).

I would strongly suggest you do not move to the Netherlands, I understand that they are cracking down on their Mexican problem... Sorry, Middle Eastern Problem (The USA has a problem with Mexicans).

However, if every LGBT in Kuwait continually flee the country, then this anti-gay thing is just going to on and on and on.

In the USA Being gay wasn't just a sin, it was a medical problem that landed many gays in 'hospitals' for electric shock therapy. furthermore, most states had pretty strict sodomy laws, meaning you could be arrested and put in prison for being 'that way'.

Until about the 1960's when the Stonewall Riots took place. Essentially the LGBT community in the US got a stomach full of being treated less than shit and started fighting back.

40+ long years of waging a war for rights and equality, and its still not fully finished. So you have your work cut out for you and yes you and other young Kuwait gay men may not live to see the day when Gay marriage is accepted. I understand that undoing Islamic Laws takes a bit more work.

While there was a pretty loud open and obvious LGBT front, there was also a large® hidden campaign that targeted churches and politicians and organizations like the AMA and the APA with a 'whisper campaign' - meaning LGBT wrote and talked to many who were underling to real leaders and challenged basic ideas and concepts.

Understand that Christianity in the US is taken pretty damn seriously, and the Christians are down on homosexuality, after all there are six whole passages that make it clear (not really) that God hates gays.... 40+ years of letter writing, talking to pastors, ministers and priests has brought about a new Church Era where many churches are gay tolerant and gay accepting.

Don't tell me that Islam doesn't change. Islam does change, albeit slowly, the last 150 years have seen massive changes, not for the better in most cases, and this was a result of Western interference in Middle Eastern Affairs.

If Islam can respond to exterior negative forces, it can respond to positive internal forces.

Yes life sucks for you. I'm sorry about that. It sucked for my LGBT 'grandparents' who were gay in the days when they could be arrested, or sent to an institution for electroshock therapy to 'cure' them of their 'disease'. They started the fire which became the Gay Pride movement here in the USA and today we see the final barriers between LGBT and the straight world collapsing - Today LGBT can serve openly in the military, the list of states with legal gay marriage is growing, the Federal Government is accepting Gay Marriage and couples filing jointly for taxes, with Gay Married federal employees getting a sweet deal that just a decade ago few people thought they would live to see ever happen.

So the third option is to be part of whatever movement can be started inside of Kuwait to get the ball rolling to where your LGBT 'grandchildren' can live in a Kuwait where being LGBT isn't such a terrible crime, maybe even be able to marry and stuff.

IDK if you are up to the challenge and the risks that this third option brings with it. Honestly I do not know if Kuwait's society is even set up to accept a movement starting, even by your own version of the Stonewall Riots.

Perhaps a whisper type campaign?

Messages In This Thread
Not allowed to be myself. - by OmamFan - 02-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Not allowed to be myself. - by Woollyhats - 02-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Not allowed to be myself. - by southbiochem - 02-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Not allowed to be myself. - by CellarDweller - 02-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Not allowed to be myself. - by Bowyn Aerrow - 02-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Not allowed to be myself. - by Rainbowmum - 02-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Not allowed to be myself. - by matty7 - 02-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Not allowed to be myself. - by davearoo - 02-16-2014, 12:02 AM
Not allowed to be myself. - by EvenOlderButWiser - 02-16-2014, 01:28 AM