Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hometown glory...
yeah, great topic...

I was born in Florida when it was a swamp. Rare to be a native Floridian back then. Moved back to Pennsylvania after sis was born so memories of Florida come from old 8mm movies. The only unconscious memory is of a horrific car wreck where our car landed inside an alligator farm after rolling over and over... thus my fear of being in a car and NO drivers license...

New Castle, PA is my hometown. It is named after the hometown of joseph.

That whole area was my playground. Seems after I grew up current generations have a loss of innocence. Lucky me, I either hiked thru this weird forestry hill or went a little further to a huge park or even a little further to a large amusement park or cycled all over the place - sometimes not knowing where I was going just pedaling away.

Pennsylvania is pretty hilly country and I must have put a zillion miles on some crappy bicycle I had.

My first male crush turned out to be a world class pianist. Still have a few friends from Jr. High & High School.

Some of my most special memories are of my Italian grandparents. They lived across the street. Everyone would gather there for Sunday lunch. Half spoke Italian and going down into that basement was like entering a new world.

I use to perform as a magician so having my photo on the front page and then seeing my name in lights was pretty fun as a teenager.

I now live in the town my mother grew up in. Every Saturday we would drive about an hour one way to get to the other grandparents. Got to explore this town a lot too, usually on foot. Glad to be here now (well, really would feel more comfy in San Francisco) as New Castle has become a somewhat dangerous drug infested area.

Messages In This Thread
Hometown glory... - by Dan1089 - 08-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Hometown glory... - by princealbertofb - 08-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Hometown glory... - by spotysocks - 08-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Hometown glory... - by 452 - 08-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Hometown glory... - by marshlander - 08-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Hometown glory... - by wouldlikemuscle - 08-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Hometown glory... - by Phil - 08-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Hometown glory... - by fjp999 - 08-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Hometown glory... - by Dan1089 - 08-12-2008, 01:25 PM