Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't I get any dates?
I think Everything Eastie said is good advice and surprised he didn't tell more since he's a retired former professional pick up artist with a PhD in it.

But I'm looking at this another way....
All the problems you say you've had getting dates and meeting guys just sticks in my head and I can't get it out. I'm sitting here picking it all apart trying to figure it out. What could the problem be?

Anytime a guy starts talking about other people not doing what he would expect them to do or be like.... it's easy to see what the problem is... It's not all the other people who have one problem. It's the guy not looking at himself and asking, "what could I do better?" I don't care who you are, how much money you have, how pretty you are or how smart you are, there's always some shit about you that needs to be improved.... except in my case and I'm already perfect. hahahahhahahahaha! (like hell I am!)

If I ever write a book of my life there's going to be whole chapter about a guy named David in it. He hated me when I moved back home and I just let it alone. One night I had enough liquor in me to catch him and talk about it cuz I really wanted to understand why he hated me so bad. So he had enough liquor in him to give it to me like a double barreled shotgun to the gut.

I'm loud, too loud, too cheerful to be real, too outspoken and inconsiderate about the things I say to others that might hurt their feelings, too sure of myself and too busy doing things to impress others. He was almost right about all that except for one big thing but I didn't bother to try to explain things to him. I just let it go. I can't pump sunshine up everyone ass.

I don't do things to impress anybody. I do them to say to myself, "holy f**k!!!! I really did do that, didn't I?" That's where the confidence comes from. I'm loud because I'm always happy.... except when somebody throws a bag of shit in my life and I get over that in seconds... as far as me being inconsiderate ... that's not me being inconsiderate. I don't say things to intentionally hurt anyone. I just try to speak the speak the truth and there are boat loads of people who spend their lives avoiding looking at the truth...specially about themselves.

About 2 years passed and David got my email and said he wanted to invite me to his place... to talk. About what? He said it was too complicated for email or the phone. So we planned to meet up. I got there and he got straight into it. He wanted me to give him a list of everything he could do to improve himself. I told him that was something he needed to ask his friends to do. He said he'd asked them all and they lied... trying not to hurt his feelings. He figured as inconsiderate as I am I'd be honest. Well Duhhhhhhhh. So I remember thinking he was going to get mad and kick me out but I went for it.

he didn't get mad at all. He was writing things down as I said them and then getting me to help him work out a game plan to get them all done. next thing we knew it was 1am on a Friday night and he and I went out and finished getting drunk.

The next morning I got an email from him --- not thanking me but telling me he was already working on the list. After about 3 months david was out and about being louder than me, getting all the sex he wanted and having guys chasing him.... all because he improved himself and worked past all his little issues rather than letting his issues dominate his life. Since then he found a guy, moved off to Minneapolis and is living a fun life. Now he and his guys are best friends with me and mine.

So what I'm trying to get at it that all you need to do is either look at yourself with a critical eye or get some loud rude inconsiderate bastard like me to do it for you and help you see how you can break out of the rut you are in.

I'm done. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Virge.

Messages In This Thread
Why can't I get any dates? - by sethmachine - 09-16-2014, 05:18 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by East - 09-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Virge - 09-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Steve - 09-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 09-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Bluelight - 09-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Why can't I get any dates? - by LJay - 09-17-2014, 01:38 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Borg69 - 09-17-2014, 07:32 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by Anonymous - 09-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Why can't I get any dates? - by mackyboy - 09-17-2014, 01:28 PM