Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a fair bit of trouble and seem to be doing alone
Thanks Anocxu and MikeW

I have more than just one best friend, each are different and to be honest this is the first one this has happened with.

As for my partner being my best friend, he is as well.

I am sorry I cant go into much more detail without going into the depths of a life story, I guess that's the problem with seeking this type of advice, you need it from someone who knows the type of person you are

I am not the jealous kind, I'm always pushing others agenda and ideals before my own I get told off for not looking after number one a lot. So when people go on about being jealous, they couldn't be more further from the truth. I acknowledge different types of jealousy but this is more than a simple moment of jealousy, and I guess this is not just because he just got into a relationship, its been there all along, unacknowledged and denied for obvious reasons.

As for my partner, he knows of this friend, he encourages time spent with this friend as well, as he goes and does his own things as well. Time apart means when together there is even more to talk about to build bonds.

I agree with MikeW with the whole crush thing, yes I could get on with my life and hope that this is just a crush, but crushes ive felt before, I know what they are like, I think this is abit more than a crush. Because crushes don't tend to irritate you, you only see the light that you want to see that person in. There are times we have argued, there are times I have just wanted to walk away (now thinking that would of been a good idea)

The advice that has been constructive does help and I Thank you for it, And I hear what you are saying, I knew it was my own self that can control this situation as I see fit, but I am notorious for making wrong decisions and I don't want to do that with this, because the loss might be unbearable to think about. I do want to just keep things going the way they are now and that I believe we can just continue on as friends and see that maybe my relationship could change it up abit to bring abit more into it.

The ultimate thing I could do is terminate the friendship and move on, it may hurt but after a while my life would go back to normal.

As you said, the choice is mine and mine alone.

I really do mean it when I say Thank you all for advising me.

Messages In This Thread
In a fair bit of trouble and seem to be doing alone - by Anocxu - 04-02-2016, 08:36 PM
In a fair bit of trouble and seem to be doing alone - by Anocxu - 04-02-2016, 11:56 PM
In a fair bit of trouble and seem to be doing alone - by Anonymous - 04-03-2016, 11:46 AM