Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting myself together again
I don't know the whole story but, from what you said and the behavior of your friend and yours, he's as confused as you are and doesn't know either how to deal with such emotion. The symbolic return of the necklace is without over analysing it since I am not in your friend's head, wasn't directly an indirect message to end the friendship but more that now he associate the necklace with your declaration of love and not the friendship as of when you gave it to him the first time. (As [MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION] indicated and I am with him on this.)

I think you need some time to sort your emotion out and also give him a little distance to digest that. When you have started a friendly relationship with someone and shared some of your stories, emotion, sadness, happiness and other thing and out of the sudden you drop a "love" bomb at him. It's also hard to process for him as much as it is for you and his defense mechanism is to take distance from you.

Let the dust particles dissipate a little, you already explained yourself to him, now fix yourself as you intended for your own good, and perhaps in the process you will come to your senses as well and he will have had time to think.

Some people may also have the feeling that you haven't been honest with them if you've been secretly loving him for a while and just drop your love like a rock on their feet. He's also emotionally challenged.

Anyhow good luck and take a break.

Messages In This Thread
Putting myself together again - by Confuzzled4 - 04-06-2016, 04:15 AM
Putting myself together again - by LJay - 04-06-2016, 04:25 AM
Putting myself together again - by Confuzzled4 - 04-06-2016, 05:06 AM
Putting myself together again - by Camfer - 04-06-2016, 06:51 AM
Putting myself together again - by Confuzzled4 - 04-07-2016, 12:01 AM
Putting myself together again - by Confuzzled4 - 05-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Putting myself together again - by Jake - 05-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Putting myself together again - by kindy64 - 05-02-2016, 02:52 PM