Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life, Perception, Perspectives, and Gratitude
I definitely think that how I perceive myself is different than how others who dont know me might perceive me and my life. Even by people who know me, I often feel misunderstood. Thats probably a universal thing. We are all only able to really see things from our own perspectives, no matter the amount of empathy or experience we have gained.

I've been through some hard things in my life, im not really the type to put it all out there like you did though. But everything I've struggled through, has been a learning experience. I come from a long line of hard working people who have faced struggles and managed to carve out a space for themselves, I find inspiration in that. I find inspiration in artists, writers, educators, activists and just strong willed every-day people that came before me. And my family means everything to me. And I've been incredibly lucky to have them and others act as a strong support system for me on top of that. I know thats something many people, gay or straight, don't have. And for that privilege I'm very grateful.

I love my life, I have been lucky to have the opportunity to learn so much from other people. For other people to have shared their experiences, opinions, and perspectives with me. It has informed my view of the world in such amazing and powerful ways. And I feel good about contributing to my community, about being able to study and work in the fields that I feel passionate about, and to be in a position to help empower other people as they make their own paths through life.

Then again, there are things in this life that are stronger than the positive energy that an individual may have. And it is not only our best moments, our strengths, and our positive feelings that we should embrace, focus on, or explore. There are real issues in this world that are extremely troubling, that need more than a change of perspective to overcome. And I dont think that patting ourselves on the back for having overcome our own challenges means that we should ever think that what has worked for us is a one size fits all sort of solution. That all you need to be successful or happy is this, this, or that. I believe that line of thinking is an illusion, and a possibly harmful, and definitely limiting, one at that.

Messages In This Thread
Life, Perception, Perspectives, and Gratitude - by TwisttheLeaf - 04-29-2016, 10:32 PM
Life, Perception, Perspectives, and Gratitude - by Emiliano - 04-30-2016, 12:03 AM
Life, Perception, Perspectives, and Gratitude - by TwisttheLeaf - 04-30-2016, 01:32 AM
Life, Perception, Perspectives, and Gratitude - by Gideon - 04-30-2016, 01:38 AM
Life, Perception, Perspectives, and Gratitude - by Emiliano - 04-30-2016, 02:08 AM
Life, Perception, Perspectives, and Gratitude - by TwisttheLeaf - 04-30-2016, 05:16 AM
Life, Perception, Perspectives, and Gratitude - by Pix - 04-30-2016, 06:37 AM