Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So open relationships are all they are cracked up to be?
Quote:".... and it may even be that their communication is better than among monogamous couples because they’ve had to negotiate specific details."

IMO, these negotiations need to be discussed whether in an open or closed relationship. It's on the two people in any relationship to establish and maintain open communication, and be sure to cover the basic "bases" of their relationship dynamic in that conversation.

Using the "open relationship" as an excuse to have that conversation is a cop-out, in my opinion.

That said, I'm sure that for some people open relationships work. For [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] and I, it would be the end of our relationship, because we are both "fed" within the relationship by the exclusivity we enjoy and the extra depth of intimacy it allows on an emotional level.

Messages In This Thread
So open relationships are all they are cracked up to be? - by princealbertofb - 07-23-2016, 03:05 AM
So open relationships are all they are cracked up to be? - by TwisttheLeaf - 07-23-2016, 04:47 AM
So open relationships are all they are cracked up to be? - by TwisttheLeaf - 07-23-2016, 07:28 PM
So open relationships are all they are cracked up to be? - by NativeSon - 07-24-2016, 05:51 AM