Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with my narcissistic partner of 17 years
I've been with my partner for the most part of 17 years. We haven't married yet but are considering it. However, I am so unhappy a lot of days. Now I can't blame this all on him but he is very narcissistic and I'm very whiny so its not been a good match lately.

Some additional information... I gave him a kidney 4 years ago since he had kidney failure. The drugs he takes for anti rejection are known to cause issues with anger. He has addressed this with his doctors but they don't want change his meds since he's been doing so good. They suggested therapy, but his reaction to that was that I need to go to therapy to learn not to piss him off. That's f'king crazy! I'll admit I whine a lot and need to work on that but man life has been so hard! Also, for the past 2 years we have had his 85 year old mom living with us and she's crazy! I'm serious she has dementia and is like a little girl that pouts and throws things.

Lastly, I'm now going through severe back problems. I have degenerative disc disease and severe sciatica down both legs. Doctors now want to do fusion of discs!

I'm really struggling here to find a positive reason to stick around besides the fact that I now really need someone with my disability. I can barely carry a small grocery bag in.

Should I go to therapy? Any suggestions on how to train myself to be less whiny? I've really always been that way but I try not to...

I'm 41, you'd think I'd have my shit together by now. The only thing I feel we both do good is making money but that doesn't buy happiness.

Another thing I'm considering is moving into one of my empty rental properties alone... But I can't live alone anymore because sometimes I need help picking things up or doing laundry, etc.

Anyway, any constructive advice would be appreciated!
Shawn

Messages In This Thread
How to deal with my narcissistic partner of 17 years - by Shmgent - 08-17-2016, 10:37 PM
How to deal with my narcissistic partner of 17 years - by TwisttheLeaf - 08-20-2016, 03:48 AM