Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sex for a month. What you think?
Camfer Wrote:I think it's a flawed premise. Not having sex with your BF for a month will not help him determine his true connection to you.

I agree it is a flawed premise as well. On the other hand I do think that we as gay men are pretty obsessed with sex and relationships while sex is a key component so is everything else that comes with a relationship, so I see his partners point but I think refusing to go on with it will sabotage the relationship which may otherwise be fine.

A month without sex for me is pretty much like every other month for me, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal realistically. That's why I say let it play out. Hopefully he'll not question your motives, or how you feel about him...that's what in my opinion irks me the most.

What I do think, while others my disagree, is you should be able to date someone for a month before having sex. We're so quick to explore the sex before you know their when their birthday is or if they have any siblings...or maybe you forgot because you were looking at their junk -- whatever the case may be, sex is important and couples to need to be compatible sexually as well as emotionally, personality, etc. I mean chances are with sex there can be compromises while someone who you just can't stand, well there is no compromise for that.

Just depends on what is important to a couple, sex, bonding...money and finances. I mean people have their thing...deal breakers and so on. There's plenty of things to go wrong in a relationship...

If his partner thinks that abstinence is going to prove his love then fine, I do agree that it doesn't prove anything. You prove your love by being a loving person and support them. There has to be a balance.

The other thing to think about is lets say [MENTION=23831]Jonathan[/MENTION] says fuck this I'm out because we on GS say hey your guy is full of shit. Leaves him or whatever happens, now his partner will have this flawed perspective of thing reinforced because he'll see it as confirmed, this guy just wanted to fuck.

So I say let it play out. That being said, I would question how he feels if he doesn't trust you, or doesn't think you love him...anything else going on that might have led up to this?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
No sex for a month. What you think? - by Jonathan - 09-04-2016, 09:11 PM
No sex for a month. What you think? - by Camfer - 09-04-2016, 09:38 PM
No sex for a month. What you think? - by knickerbuck - 09-04-2016, 09:58 PM
No sex for a month. What you think? - by InbetweenDreams - 09-04-2016, 10:07 PM
No sex for a month. What you think? - by Jonathan - 09-05-2016, 02:14 AM
No sex for a month. What you think? - by TwisttheLeaf - 09-05-2016, 02:18 AM
No sex for a month. What you think? - by East - 09-05-2016, 03:18 AM
No sex for a month. What you think? - by LJay - 09-05-2016, 03:42 AM
No sex for a month. What you think? - by Camfer - 09-05-2016, 04:20 AM
No sex for a month. What you think? - by Darius - 09-05-2016, 11:04 PM