Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking a Bachelors in Science in Computer Science
Insertnamehere Wrote:I really don't know how things work there. At least here, yes, you need a doctoral degree to teach in college.

Plenty of places here offer evening-night classes (programa vespertino would be the term here) for kids (or grown ups) that have to work to pay for college in the first place. I would think you can find such a place there? Then again, I don't know.

I would agree on you with taking math classes first, that sounds wise.

Talk to Chase. I would assume he at least has more insight on this.

Well I'm thinking, at least in the foreseeable future. For me to teach at a community college level I would only need a masters, some of the non-cirriculum courses I can possibly teach now or only need a Bachelors.

So far what I have found are that NONE of the colleges, even University of Arizona doesn't offer an online degree program in Computer Science. On the other hand CIS is still good but I kind of want to get out of dealing with most of the hands on stuff....by that I mean running CAT5 up in the ceilings or dealing with failed servers and running around trying to find spare parts or all the horseshit with Active Directory. Not that it is going to get easier, I really have enjoyed getting into more of the coding and database side of things...I know enough to impress a few people with what I have been able to pull off. I've written a couple programs for work one which has been heavily used by our purchasing department... But I also know better that I really am not using good practices in my code... That has become more evident as I have been trying to tutor a couple high school students which at the same time has helped me see what sort of things I have been missing...

[Image: program.png]

I have found that while I enjoy the networking and hardware side of things it is at a point somewhat of a dead end and I really think the industrial standards, like Cisco, Novell, those are all temporary...a good example is Novell. Folks used to go after getting Novell certifications and now no one cares because Novell doesn't matter, everyone for the most part has traded that in and went to the "dark side" with Active Directory and Office 365, Google, or someone...

I digress...Anyway... I think if I can stick to it I think I may just be able to pull it off, but the math is like I and everyone have agreed is a good place to start is the math as I think that will be more challenging and also a fundamental skill to have before you can really get going with the rest.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Seeking a Bachelors in Science in Computer Science - by SilverBullet - 10-15-2016, 06:54 AM
Seeking a Bachelors in Science in Computer Science - by InbetweenDreams - 10-15-2016, 12:58 PM