Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sylph's Languages
princealbertofb Wrote:Since these are invented languages, are they actually phonetic? (ie a given letter corresponds to a sound?) Some languages have simplified their spelling in recent times, Chinese would benefit now to be spelt in Roman or other phonetic symbols like pinyin but it would be such a shame to lose those marvellous characters which are full of .... character and history and poetry.
I was just wondering whether you were also giving your language a 'past', so to speak or just giving it a (new) life. Also is it a language which has rules of declension and gender for example?

Ah, mas o meu amigo lingual, precisa a lembrar que idiomas do mundo não frequentemente seguirem as regras de suas próprias gramáticas.

And you've missed vital information:

These languages do have a past, so to speak, as one is the progenitor of the other.

And follow no gender in particular.

Think of them broadly as favourable combinations of Japanese word order, Spanish phonemes and English idiomatic usage, I.e ;

Words sound as they look, more or less, utilizing the Spanish Vowel and accent System;
Using Japanese SOV word order and article markers;
But with English-esque idioms, such as using one word for something else (tho this really exists in all languages, but I based them off of English expressions like "A dime a Dozen")

Care to inquire more my dear?

I merely utilized the various languages in my head and formulated languages I find comprise of the more "convenient" or "useful" features of said languages, loosely speaking of course;

In order to replicate "Natural" lingual features and usage, hence my ability to Translate an English Translation of a Japanese song into both Languages.

So I guess you can say they're in operation-sake, the same as any other language, flaws and all.

Messages In This Thread
Sylph's Languages - by Sylph - 11-08-2016, 03:25 AM
Sylph's Languages - by artyboy - 11-08-2016, 03:32 AM
Sylph's Languages - by Sylph - 11-08-2016, 09:48 PM
Sylph's Languages - by Bookworm - 02-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Sylph's Languages - by Sylph - 02-19-2017, 02:47 AM
Sylph's Languages - by Bookworm - 02-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Sylph's Languages - by princealbertofb - 02-21-2017, 02:28 AM
Sylph's Languages - by Sylph - 02-22-2017, 09:38 PM