Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Queensland mother says her gay teen son was bullied to death
deephiance Wrote:That's pretty much a throw away line, you are blaming the victim- what is implied in this statement is that he was a victim because he was small and effeminate which rather illogical because even big brave army men fall to bullying and suicide
I still can't understand why the mother never reported any of this to the school. She's going to have to take this to her grave.[/QUOTE]

You are blaming the mother.

YES Doc may be bigger, stronger have a natural fight instinct, but you at the same time CANNOT disregard the fact that there may be some fights he can't fight on his own and he would deserve no less or no more support than this 13 year old boy should have got.

I'm sorry if that is not what you wanted to say, but that is the way it can be interpretted.[/QUOTE]

Interpret it anyway you want. You obviously know me better than I know myself.

BTW, I was not blaming the mother for the death of her son, but she certainly was not doing all she could to report the bullying. Too bad the young man didn't have a better support system with friends. I really believe friends are a big part of defeating bullying.
Bullies are basically cowards who pick on the most vulnerable and that means those without a tribe to care and protect them.

Messages In This Thread
Queensland mother says her gay teen son was bullied to death - by SilverBullet - 11-27-2016, 12:06 AM
Queensland mother says her gay teen son was bullied to death - by Darius - 11-27-2016, 08:17 PM