Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with EU?
axle2152 Wrote:That wouldn't be the kind of work I would be looking for...

Is the consensus that Americans who migrate to the UK would be not well welcomed?

It's funny here actually;

My Government prefers and actively seeks out American and European expatriates,

But general society dislikes them for that very reason and prefers other islanders such as ourselves. Mostly due to historical and cultural connections that we don't share with America despite being close and the disdain of the tumultuous relationship with our colonizer England.

And being that our base 'native' population is very low, treading just under 40.000 or so people, with the total being 60.000 combined with foreigners;

Foreign work is not as sharply monitored, however if it's a person from America or Europe, it tends to cause strife.

Like one of the executive chefs at my job is American I believe and not a single Bermudian likes him nor his methods:

Which also contributes to our work ethic and dislike of American and European expatriates, as our culture heavily dictates the way we operate ourselves:

And those two denominations specifically tend to go completely against our way, and so it offends many.

Such as Americans lacking interpersonal emotive skills in the work place and the Europeans ... "Habits", which for most Bermudians, is actually repulsive in the work place.

I got treated very differently when I worked in England, due to my accent, way of being and methods, and as such felt very unhappy along with other contributing factors, so I know what it's like to be on both sides of the "fence".

I simply believe people are happier and more comfortable in the company of their "own" and those similar to them:

Tho Americans and Europeans always seem to be more interested in inserting themselves within other communities than most other peoples that I have noticed. My people for example travel simply to purchase things otherwise unobtainable here on my island, or for simple leisure, but not often to live and if so, not for very long, with frequent visits back to the island.

Perhaps we are simply island bound, however, I think the matter of cooperative international fraternization at times heavily depends on the complimentary natures of the cultures and ways of life of said blending.

Messages In This Thread
What is up with EU? - by indyCub - 12-01-2016, 08:59 AM
What is up with EU? - by artyboy - 12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
What is up with EU? - by InbetweenDreams - 12-01-2016, 03:06 PM
What is up with EU? - by artyboy - 12-01-2016, 04:28 PM
What is up with EU? - by InbetweenDreams - 12-01-2016, 07:32 PM
What is up with EU? - by meridannight - 12-01-2016, 09:56 PM
What is up with EU? - by InbetweenDreams - 12-01-2016, 10:36 PM
What is up with EU? - by indyCub - 12-01-2016, 11:26 PM
What is up with EU? - by Sylph - 12-02-2016, 03:26 AM
What is up with EU? - by InbetweenDreams - 12-02-2016, 03:39 AM
What is up with EU? - by Sylph - 12-02-2016, 03:51 AM