Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universal Basic Income: Elon Musk responds to trials in US
You got me started Chase.  Trickle down effect, back in the 1950's, medical was not as out of proportion as it is now. What happened? Several things. Malpractice insurance is mandatory, when the courts starting allowing Judgement's out of proportion to the amount of money someone would have earned in the rest of their lifetime to punish the doctor's and hospitals. The deep pocket's theory caused the insurance companies to charge more for insurance and of course the costs "trickled down" to the common people paying the bills. While a very few got exorbintant payouts, the rest of us paid for it. I don't have a problem helping people who truly need it. By the same course, live within your means. So if you need extra food, help with shelter, clothes, etc, by all means get help. After working for 46 years, finally laid off, didn't qualify for unemployment, medicaid, or food support. Fortunately, it's just me and the dog, help the relatives when I can. And yes I have heard that Trump wants to cut social security to pay for other projects.
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Universal Basic Income: Elon Musk responds to trials in US - by James - 07-18-2020, 04:40 PM