Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All
(07-21-2020, 09:56 PM)Chase Wrote: Well, Joseph Stalin caused millions of people to starve to death for shits and giggles, and he got access to nuclear bombs. Senseless destruction is happening all around us. If you put yourself in an alien's shoes, it makes sense to destroy humans, or at least contain us in some sort of zoo-like prison, because otherwise it would be only a matter of time until we humans go after them.

Couple of things to consider. My opinion is that many world leaders are psychopaths, or at a minimum narcissistic. I mean, do you want the job of running the country? To be criticized by one group of people for doing something and by another for not? I think there's two groups of people, people who actually want to make the world better, and those who want praise and fame. Most of the people who are Senators, Governors and Presidents want fame, glory and praise. Those people are the ones that are the most dangerous. I don't think Stalin killed millions of people for shits and giggles, he had a "vision" and and was attempting to carry it out....somehow there are still people who are sympathetic to Stalin which blows my mind. That being said, what I know about Stalin and Russian history is very little.

It is logical to think that something like the "Prime Directive" in star trek exists as to how you go about making contact with a species on another planet. I doubt that showing up and saying "Hey you want to break the speed of light? Here's a warp drive, have fun!" is a good idea. Of course, that is making assumptions about aliens and what their motivations are.

Think of it like this. Assume that aliens can experience things that we simply do not. For instance, we can feel happy, sad, angry and scared. They may feel those, they may not. They may not see light like we do, so speculating what an encounter with aliens might look like...well is just that. I do think there is equal chance that they might not be interested in us at all, or they might be explorers or they might be hostile. One thing for sure though, they'll more than likely discover our presence from all the satellites, radio and all the other stuff we broadcast long before they get here. I mean if we can communicate with spacecraft (Voyager I & II) that are outside the solar system, they can find our stuff with relative ease, or one would think. I would also venture that you could learn a lot about us from all the signals we put out into space.

If they were to destroy us, they probably won't even bother to make their presence known. I mean why bother with that at all? If they show up, they'll either enslave us or make contact in a peaceful manner.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Chase - 07-20-2020, 06:09 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Chase - 07-21-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Chase - 07-21-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by InbetweenDreams - 07-27-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by marshlander - 07-21-2020, 11:32 AM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by andy - 07-21-2020, 05:55 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by andy - 07-21-2020, 06:12 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by James - 07-21-2020, 07:55 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by ceez - 08-01-2020, 12:54 AM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Alakazam - 08-06-2020, 10:52 AM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by seeking - 08-09-2020, 12:11 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Chase - 08-12-2020, 07:49 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by JoelR - 08-13-2020, 03:45 AM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Emiliano - 08-13-2020, 06:53 AM