Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All
If you factor in the unfathomably huge size (and expanding) of the universe and it's age... Yes I do think life must exist elsewhere and probably more abundant than we might thing but even if life is pretty common the distances between worlds is still incredibly huge. Dealing with the distances to travel is a larger hurdle than we imagine. We often always use gravity from other planets to get our spacecraft to speed. So other races would have to figure out how to get enough energy storage to get their spacecraft up to speed (and down)....going from 0 to light speed at will is a huge accomplishment. It would be a huge deal if we humans were able to accomplish light speed travel but it's a whole new level when you can just do it whenever you want.

So, there is no doubt in my mind that if there are other species out there capable of space travel (beyond their moon...lol) they're going to be very advanced. So no, I don't think we would be seen as a threat unless we were onto some sort of major discovery and we're seen as a savage race...

[Image: CkzhipVUkAExKfr.jpg]

It is perhaps selfish we humans only think of ourselves as the only thing worth studying on Earth. There are as @"Alakazam" says many unique life on this planet that more than likely do not exist on other worlds. I would lean to think that there might be some similarities, that is going with the assumption that life happens on other planets like Earth. I have heard the theories about Silicon based life but one of the problems I recall was that Silicon doesn't hold bonds as strong as Carbon...then again what do we really know.

More than likely, it is that we have not found them and they have not found us. It is something like looking for a particular grain of sand somewhere on this planet and you don't know where exactly to look, although I suppose there might be clues where not too look, but still, the universe is mind boggling huge.

Entertaining the thought that there would be an organized union of species, something like the Federation in Star Trek does sound appealing...not sure what one would actually look like.

Our tech? I think it would be more akin to two cups and a string, or an abacus Tongue
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Chase - 07-20-2020, 06:09 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Chase - 07-21-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Chase - 07-21-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by marshlander - 07-21-2020, 11:32 AM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by andy - 07-21-2020, 05:55 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by andy - 07-21-2020, 06:12 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by James - 07-21-2020, 07:55 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by ceez - 08-01-2020, 12:54 AM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Alakazam - 08-06-2020, 10:52 AM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by InbetweenDreams - 08-06-2020, 12:21 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by seeking - 08-09-2020, 12:11 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Chase - 08-12-2020, 07:49 PM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by JoelR - 08-13-2020, 03:45 AM
RE: Space Aliens Will Destroy Us All - by Emiliano - 08-13-2020, 06:53 AM