Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the USA heading for a civil war?
(01-12-2021, 09:33 PM)LONDONER Wrote:
74 millions voted for Trump and believe that he is God's gift to mankind.  After the invasion of the Capitol, the FBI is now saying that there will be armed fights in every State capital to start off Biden's inauguration.  Those starting trouble are those who firmly believe that the election was rigged and that the COVID-19 vaccine is a conspiracy between the world's Governments but aren't capable of explaining exactly what this conspiracy wants to achieve.

What's your opinion?

Well @LONDONER here's what I think and this is coming from a conservative area. Most people from what I can tell condemn the actions that took place at the capital and then there's some who have been drinking the orange kool-aid. There's a lot of dumb people and those are are brainwashed...

While I clearly oppose Trump and many conservative views I do not believe that the 74 million people who voted for Trump believe he's God's gift to mankind or that all 74 million people are any particular thing (other than wrong for voting for Trump at the least). The FBI says there could be violence, not that there will be and I suspect there might be isolated incidents but I imagine that due to this security will be heightened which will likely keep most morons home...hopefully. Then again the crazy shit has clearly carried over from 2020.

I do not believe that we're headed for a civil war because I do not believe that the people, including those who did vote for Trump support the idea of such. I believe it is a subset of a subset of people. Yes there's a bunch of people who think reptiles run the world and they masquerade as the elite who our elected officials, billionaires and so on...

There's a good number of idiots out here but I do not believe it represents the majority, however these people certainly get the media spotlight.

I think the bigger problem is that we do see the elites get special treatment. Had those people who broke into the capitol building been BLM protestors it would be have been much different, it would have been called something else in the media and the attitudes towards the incident would have been different...none for the better. We constantly see people charged for the same crimes, the working class guy get's 30 years in prison and the wealthy elite guy gets 5 years and serves 18 months if that. That, I feel, is the elephant in the room is the injustices like that in general. When we have billionaires who can afford to quite literally pay for everyone in the US who needs cancer treatment (at US prices to boot) there is something wrong with the system.

On another subject, misinformation is nothing new in the US. It's just become bolder, anyone remember the weapons of mass destruction that Iraq had? Me either.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Is the USA heading for a civil war? - by LONDONER - 01-12-2021, 09:33 PM
RE: Is the USA heading for a civil war? - by InbetweenDreams - 01-13-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Is the USA heading for a civil war? - by JoelR - 01-15-2021, 03:23 PM
RE: Is the USA heading for a civil war? - by JoelR - 01-22-2021, 02:12 AM
RE: Is the USA heading for a civil war? - by ceez - 01-25-2021, 02:10 AM