Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being alone
(02-09-2021, 05:54 AM)soulfulriver Wrote: Do you think some people are meant to be alone without having a relationship in their life?

I will assume we are talking about romantic relationships.

Well, to me at least, that thought is ridiculous. I equate that with "destiny", "predetermination" and all that (what I deem to be) almost-religious nonsense. People have far more agency than that.

I think people can be too troubled to have lasting healthy relationships, and they need to sort themselves out and work through their issues before they can be in one.

I think they often don't feel comfortable with a relationship just yet, they may be more so in the future.

I think people my often not find a person that is a good match right off the bat and may not want to invest in it to see whether it could work in the long run. Because of course, there is always a risk it won't work anyway.

I think people have certain expectations and then those expectations are not met they get discouraged.

I also think not too many people are truly aware of the work it takes to carry a successful (however you define that) relationship until they find themselves in one and then when things don't work, again they will be discouraged.

Other people are quite comfortable just being "alone".

And all of those things are temporary, snapshot mental states, that may very well change into the future.

There is really too many reasons why someone who wants a relationship won't be in one for a while and then there are many people who do not want to be. And that is also, a situation of the moment, because we don't know what the future will be like.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]
[-] The following 3 members Like Insertnamehere's post:
  • Camfer, InbetweenDreams, soulfulriver

Messages In This Thread
Being alone - by soulfulriver - 02-09-2021, 05:54 AM
RE: Being alone - by InbetweenDreams - 02-09-2021, 11:53 AM
RE: Being alone - by eastofeden - 02-09-2021, 03:44 PM
RE: Being alone - by InbetweenDreams - 02-09-2021, 05:53 PM
RE: Being alone - by seeking - 02-09-2021, 09:29 PM
RE: Being alone - by soulfulriver - 02-13-2021, 03:24 AM
RE: Being alone - by Bookworm - 02-13-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Being alone - by Insertnamehere - 02-13-2021, 10:17 PM