Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never type this stuff into your computer
@rado84 So Mandrake linux was a port of Red Hat back in the early 2000's. I had dial-up at the time and I downloaded 3 CD ISO files which took like 2 months or something since I was only able to download while I was online. I did figure out how to dual boot it with Windows after destroying Windows and Windows destroying Linux several times. I guess I did alright since I was like 16 and didn't know diddly squat about linux and you didn't have stack exchange so researching problems and how tos definitely not as easy as it is now. It was a neat distro. They renamed the distro to Mandriva and now called OpenMandriva. I also tried Gentoo Linux... Right now I just use Mint and Kubuntu, I really like KDE. Cinnamon just seemed to be more trouble and Gnome is just weird.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never type this stuff into your computer - by InbetweenDreams - 02-27-2021, 05:44 PM