Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never type this stuff into your computer
(02-27-2021, 05:44 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Right now I just use Mint and Kubuntu, I really like KDE. Cinnamon just seemed to be more trouble
Never had trouble with Cinnamon. On top of that any bug you report, it gets fixed eventually, whereas there are 5 years old bugs on KDE that Nate Graham says he doesn't know how to fix. KDE users found a way to fix it and offered solutions but Graham refused to fix it anyway. He had the nerve to tell KDE users they should pay someone else to clean up KDE's mess!

[Image: KDE-nate-graham-about-bugs.png]

There's also another bug about which Graham admits he has no idea how to fix it - multimedia keys don't work in KDE (at least not all the multimedia keys of my keyboard; only play and pause work) and the response was the same - "pay someone else to do our job". I don't understand why would anyone wanna use this desktop environment made by an arrogant pseudo-programmer. In Cinnamon, if there's a bug that comes with the new update and I report it, it gets a confirmed status and is fixed with the next update, I don't get a "fix it yourself" response from Lefrevre and his team!

I used Mint (18.3) for almost 4 years but it was breaking its own packages out of the blue, so I switched to Arch Linux which appears to be idiot proof. Now I'm so hooked to Arch that I can't use anything else and I tried. It's just that everything is happening so easily on Arch that every other distro feels like a freight train dragging 1500 train cars.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never type this stuff into your computer - by rado84 - 02-27-2021, 06:10 PM