Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting over emotional attachment from a person you've liked
Definitely doesn't sound like you did anything wrong based on what you posted.... So yeah, don't think it was your fault. It does suck when guys you really like don't like you back, especially when it seems to be out of the blue. I think the advice given is good, things like hobbies and whatnot. It isn't always easy to get over someone and never seems to happen fast enough.

It's been about 4-5 years now. I had a huge crush on a guy, he was smart, really good looking and we seemed to hit it off well in the beginning. Long story short, I got way too wrapped up in him and sort of pushed him away and it's not that I seen him a lot either and there was also someone who was sort of stalking him as well...there's more to the story but between me being head over heels and the stalker made things complicated and in the end over a span of a couple years I ended up saying things that I regretted and haven't heard from him since. The lesson here is to not to get too attached to someone very early on, it is easy to do and just as easy to hurt or to be hurt by someone. Slow down, enjoy the scenery and realize it takes a very long time to really get to know someone.

I still think about that guy occasionally and I only remember how big of a fool I was, afterall, hindsight is 20/20. Would we have made a good couple? Probably not, but I could have had a really cool friend if I hadn't been so enamored with him and selfish. Turns out I only heard him and didn't listen and didn't take in account for what he was wanting.

Anywho, realize there are other guys who you will not do this to you and still be able to connect with on a deep intellectual level. Finally, people are just strange, why they do what they do.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting over emotional attachment from a person you've liked - by InbetweenDreams - 03-12-2021, 03:12 AM