Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time for a gay season of The Bachelor
(04-18-2021, 07:46 PM)Bhp91126 Wrote: Ugh, I remember that crap. Since he started to weed out the straight guys too early the producers had to step in to keep some breeders in the running.

Yeah, it was really tacky.  I think I watched the first two episodes, and then stopped tuning in.

I just found it on Google, it was called Boy Meets Boy.

Boy Meets Boy is an American reality television show in which a gay man meets and chooses a mate from a group of 15 potential male suitors.  The show premiered July 29, 2003, on the Bravo cable television channel. A total of six episodes were aired weekly until the finale on September 2, 2003. The show was taped in Palm Springs, California and hosted by Dani Behr.

The show featured a gay man named James Getzlaff selecting another man to date from among a group of 15 potential suitors, known as "mates". Helping him choose was his best friend Andra Stasko. The controversial twist was that some of the housemates were gay, while others were straight.  James was not told of this fact until nearly the end of the series' run, and the gay mates were never informed. If James' final choice from among the mates was gay, James and the mate would win a cash prize and a trip for two to New Zealand provided by Alyson Adventures of Key West, Florida, which specializes in gay and lesbian small group tours throughout the world. If James chose a straight mate, James would win nothing and the mate would win $25,000. The producers managed to keep a mixture of gay and straight men in the house despite the eliminations by putting the men into groups that prevented the contestant from eliminating all of the gay men or all of the straight men. At the end of each episode, the sexual orientation of each eliminated mate was revealed to viewers.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's time for a gay season of The Bachelor - by CellarDweller - 04-18-2021, 09:37 PM