Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age Appropriate Content
I can pretty well assume if a kid asked me why does my friend have two dads, that giving a watered down answer will probably result in more questions. I do wonder why the subject of sex, sexuality and so forth seems to be taboo when it comes to discussing it with children and why the right seems to weaponize this idea they have that the LGBTQ+ community is out to "groom" their kids and destroy society (as they put it). I think we want to blame conservative Christians for it and sure, it's no question as to what demographic to look at. However, I feel that this sort of thinking, this irrational fear that people have about discussing things like sex and LGBT stuff to their kids because they're going to ask at some point or find out one way or the other is deeper rooted. Like why does it feel weird to address the questions, why do some feel that video I posted above is not appropriate for a 1st grader?

Consider the questions.... Why are some people racist, xenophobic, transphobic or find these things taboo. All those behaviors didn't come from a bible verse, although they'll likely point to one or find some reason to justify their reasons why.

It seems like a behavioral trait, perhaps cult mentality or fear of something they're not familiar with? I know when it comes to chuches there is pack mentality or cult mentality where people just assume a belief, or an opinion....not having thought about it on their own. I mean you can easily spot these people, just read comments on a youtube video and you can see how cold and callice some people are you know they never put any effort into any thought about whatever the subject matter (usually political, or hot button issues).

That being said, I don't care what people tell their kids. I'm more curious about what others think about it and why, for a moment, it seems awkward or inappropriate to discuss certain topics with kids who are asking questions, or why some people feel that a cartoon show talking about pride month is somehow bad.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

Messages In This Thread
Age Appropriate Content - by InbetweenDreams - 06-23-2021, 01:57 PM
RE: Age Appropriate Content - by Bhp91126 - 06-23-2021, 08:32 PM
RE: Age Appropriate Content - by InbetweenDreams - 06-23-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: Age Appropriate Content - by Karl Rand - 06-24-2021, 12:48 AM
RE: Age Appropriate Content - by InbetweenDreams - 06-24-2021, 05:53 PM
RE: Age Appropriate Content - by ChadCoxRox - 06-24-2021, 07:06 PM
RE: Age Appropriate Content - by Cridders88 - 06-25-2021, 12:59 AM
RE: Age Appropriate Content - by InbetweenDreams - 06-25-2021, 01:34 PM