Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migrating to another country
Quote:- Is it an acceptable reason that I'm planning to migrate to another (LGBT-friendly) country just to find a life partner and be in a relationship?
I mean it's not a guarantee that I will be able to find a boyfriend and I might still be single even after dating for umpteenth times.
Also, migrating is not so easy and simple.
I'm not sure if I can adapt to the new culture, customs and lifestyle. And there could be other issues like employment, housing etc.
I'm not sure if it's worth the risk to migrate so that I could date freely.

- I intend to start a fresh new life once I'm overseas, to the extent of deleting my current facebook profile (most are "friends" whom I don’t meet in real life anyway) and creating a new one with the new circle of friends that I made when in overseas.
Am I a coward to not let my family or current friends know about my new (but true) life and hide it from them?

To answer your questions. Yes, it is a perfectly acceptable reason to migrate to another country. Whether it is to seek out a n LGBT friendly country or to pursue a career, a dream, any reason that is to you worth leaving everything you know behind then it is an acceptable reason. What I'm saying is you don't need anyone's approval to live your life.

There are no guarantees in life. But, you will more than likely find a boyfriend if you seek one.

Several people I know have more than one Facebook profile, usually under a different name.

Plenty of people have had to hide their personal life from their family and friends, doesn't make you a coward. After all, if the result of being outed means losing your job, your family, perhaps your life... that doesn't make you a coward, makes you smart in that regard.

Definitely read up on different countries immigration laws. Some countries are difficult to enter or gain citizenship. Most western countries are going to be more accepting of LGBTQ people, however not all western countries are equal. Now, me living in the US, I'm inclined to recommend immigrating to the US. Now, some will disagree, but despite what you may hear and despite what you see in international news about racial tensions and so forth, the US is one of the best if not the best at being inclusive. Here's what I mean...

Let's say you come to the US and you're getting your driver's license. They offer the tests, handbook in just about every language. Your driver license or ID says nothing about you being a foreigner or an immigrant. Your ID looks like everyone else's.

That being said, I would encourage you to visit first and visit a lot of places in the US, it's a large country and people in different parts will have different culture, different climate, different food, people, accents, etc.

I think it is a good balance between being to live your life how you want while also being able to find economic opportunities, a career, etc.

That being said, not saying other countries aren't good choices, others here can give you their perspective about other places.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Migrating to another country - by Anonymous - 07-31-2021, 09:46 AM
RE: Migrating to another country - by InbetweenDreams - 07-31-2021, 01:52 PM
RE: Migrating to another country - by Jay - 08-02-2021, 07:27 PM
RE: Migrating to another country - by Anonymous - 08-08-2021, 04:11 PM
RE: Migrating to another country - by ChadCoxRox - 08-09-2021, 04:51 PM
RE: Migrating to another country - by Anonymous - 08-13-2021, 06:04 AM