Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it abnormal to dislike sports?
(08-20-2021, 04:34 PM)soulfulriver Wrote: Hi Guys,

I would like to discuss about a topic with you all.

Is it a must for males to like sports?

Most males seem to enjoy participating in sports.

Most guys attend soccer, basketball, baseball matches etc. and it seems like it's a common part of every guy's life.

As for me, I don't really like to watch or attend sports matches. It makes me feel whether I'm abnormal to feel so.

I don't really like sports as they are mostly roughly played. I got pushed away multiple times during soccer games by other guys in elementary and middle school.

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm a weird person for disliking sports. I also do feel sad at times that I never experienced joy in sports like any other average male guy.

I have seen in movies and TV series how young guys like sports and hang out in locker rooms after sports. I feel a bit upset as to why I'm not normal like them.

And I have been called unpleasant names like sissy for disliking sports.

There is one sports which I really like though, which is badminton. I enjoy playing that a lot. But I still have received comments from other guys that it's not really a masculine sport.

Honestly, it shouldn't be a big deal. Not everyone is into sports. A lot of my straight male friends are not into sports. 

I wasn't into sports when I was in primary school, high school and college because I was super obese. Granted, I was asked to join tug and war comp because of my size. But I wasn't into sports in general. When I was in high school, all the boys had to join football after school. Including me - teacher said so. The school jock aka my classmate aka my no 1 bully, Abu Zahid confronted me in the field. He showed me his six pack abs and said, "You want to have this? Dream on." Next thing I know his friend, Hafiz (another bully) kicked a ball straight to my face. It has been what? 16 years and I still remember their names (the bullies). Abu Zahid the leader. Hafiz, second in command. Razak, third in command. And other fellows.

Long story short, I lost weight and am fit now. I'm still not into sports like football but am into running and weightlifting. Basically working out. I've joined multiple 10k running events and also obstacle events like Spartan Race and Viper Challenge. 

I stumbled into my bullies a few years back. My, how things turned upside down. They stopped taking care of themselves. Even the great Abu. They didn't recognise me because I have changed so much. I didn't confront them. I just moved on. The best revenge you can have is to live happy and move on.

Sorry. Went on rambling. But don't worry about others. You do you.
[-] The following 2 members Like Jay's post:
  • calgor, soulfulriver

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it abnormal to dislike sports? - by Adam88 - 08-20-2021, 05:29 PM
RE: Is it abnormal to dislike sports? - by Adam88 - 08-21-2021, 01:27 AM
RE: Is it abnormal to dislike sports? - by Adam88 - 08-22-2021, 10:03 PM
RE: Is it abnormal to dislike sports? - by Jay - 08-22-2021, 07:01 PM
RE: Is it abnormal to dislike sports? - by Adam88 - 08-23-2021, 09:20 PM