Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dash Cam Repair
I don't need a tefifon!

Nah the Thinkware cameras are pretty much on par with others, and I suppose that others will experience a similar problem as any GPS enabled camera will have an RTC of some sort. The camera does have parking mode, motion detection and all that junk, also has a rear camera. The problem is that the rechargeable button cell fails after 3-4 years. Remember that I'm in the southeastern US, it gets quite hot here in the summer, can easily reach 100 F (about 38 C) and despite being in the south it can also get quite cold -2 F (about -19 C) was the coldest I've seen it here since I've lived here. What I'm saying is that temperature is the culprit. If I were to park my car in a garage instead of outside, the battery problem might not show up until 5 years and perhaps by then I might want a 4k dash cam.

Either way for about $10, I was able to fix the camera and will probably work fine for a couple more years.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Dash Cam Repair - by InbetweenDreams - 08-25-2021, 02:33 AM
RE: Dash Cam Repair - by artyboy - 08-27-2021, 02:19 AM
RE: Dash Cam Repair - by InbetweenDreams - 08-27-2021, 02:43 AM